Trusted Contributor

@shaggygirl  and @CelticCrafter ....I have to agree with both of you, I skip over the segments of the Hailstones.  Chip is not a favorite, he does talk down to Agnes, in one episode he and Agnes were going rabbit shooting, Chip's snowmobile got stuck in the snow and he couldn't get it out, Agnes comes over to help him pull it out and she falls over backwards twice attempting to help free it, they finally got the snowmobile out, but do you think Chip would ask his wife if she was all right and help her up? NOPE, I thought, what the.....that's when I lost all my respect for him,

Esteemed Contributor

@SoCal Bred 

Or the time when she was helping him with the tent and she let him know her hand was hurting really bad and he snarled something along the lines of "oh c'mon ages" as in stop complaining and finish the job. And the episode you mention w/his snowmobile. That was just a recent one. By the way, do you think he ought to see a dentist?

Trusted Contributor

@shaggygirl ...LOL, i really can't look at him, he portrays or acts like he knows so much about hunting, trapping etc., when he is actually exploiting his wife's heritage to the land and her ancestors, she has taught him everything about hunting, surviving, IMO.   He goes on and on to explain why he does things, after he makes his killing, he takes it to Agnes and her daughters to gut, skin, and whatever they do to preserve the meat.  I know this is a reality show, but he is definitely not a fan favorite.