Respected Contributor

Re: LiMu Emu and Doug commercials

The "emu" ads make no sense.  This seems to be a trend and I am sick of it.  How about pleasent looking people with information about the product.  I would not mute if that were the case.

Respected Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

Just recently I asked my daughter who's helping me if she remembers playing the game when all my girls lived at home we called "Guess what the commercial is selling".

Sometimes it's hard to guess what is being sold.  The commercial makers are so busy trying to be cute or keep people watching that (I think) they miss the point of trying to sell the product.

ITA!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ID2 wrote:

Liberty Mutual is laughing all the way to the bank! See how great their marketing is? You all are talking about it. You've remembered the name of the insurance agency and what the commercial is saying. Bravo!!

very true! I told my husband the other day-these marketing people are genius! lol! still dislike the commercials though!

Respected Contributor

There's a new commercial that has been playing over and over again in our area.  I'm not even sure what they are selling but they sing the song "Hey Good Looking" in such a twangy way that it makes me immediately hit mute if I can reach the button quick enough.

A lot of commercials irritate me and some I find cute but this one just gets on my last nerve.   I'll even take the mayhem guy over it and I can't stand him.

Honored Contributor

@Jackhound Mom wrote:

The "emu" ads make no sense.  This seems to be a trend and I am sick of it.  How about pleasent looking people with information about the product.  I would not mute if that were the case.

@Jackhound Mom 

Pleasant looking people vs. ugly looking people?

Just askin'.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Respected Contributor

@Cakers3 wrote:

@Jackhound Mom wrote:

@Jackhound Mom 

Pleasant looking people vs. ugly looking people?

Just askin'.

@Cakers3You seem to have an issue with me, why?  You didn't answer me in the last thread where I politely answered you.

Here goes about this thread.  I like to see "pleasent" looking people, what is wrong with that?  I didn't call anyone "ugly" that is your word.  If you like or dislike the emu ad, why not comment on that?  

Trusted Contributor

@gardenman It is not a real emu....it's all CGI!

Honored Contributor

@KLevineFan wrote:

@gardenman It is not a real emu....it's all CGI!

If you go back to post 31 you'll find that it's both a live emu and CGI. If you're doing a CGI  emu, make it a happy CGI emu.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Trusted Contributor

About the dumbest commercial ever.  I mute the TV when it is on.  Cannot stand Progressive with Flo either.

Contributor

@J Town Girl   I agree!  I can't mute this commercial fast enough!  I would like to have their advertising budget as this is played constantly!