Honored Contributor

Re: LiMu Emu and Doug commercials

It's funny you should mention this now.  My husband just said (yesterday) how much he hates these commercials. The only thing I like about it is the EMU.  Who knew an emu could be trained.  He's pretty cute.   I sure wouldn't want to be kicked by him.  I wonder if he has ever kicked anyone in the commercials???? 

Honored Contributor

Hubby and I can't stand any of these commercials, and whoever is closest to the remote-changes it immediately!

Honored Contributor

@sarahpanda wrote:

Those Liberty Mutual commercials are putting me over the edge !  The one with the siren blasting, with 'Doug' saying '''I CAN SAVE YOU'' while  car racing down the road is the absolute worst ! Yes, I'd change the channel if I knew it was going to come on but the siren blares as soon as the commercial comes on.  SO ANNOYING !!  HEADS UP TO LIBERTY MUTUAL:  I WOULDN'T BUY YOUR INSURANCE BECAUSE OF IT !!

@sarahpanda   We have to turn the sound off when the one with the Siren  blasting  because our dog, Buddy, goes crazy when it comes on....the sirens upset him and he Howls and whines......it must hurt his ears

The other commercials that upset him the same way are the  Bounty paper towel commercial with he slow motion screaming NOOOOOOOO!  Buddy Gets reall upset.

Super Contributor

They should loose business over these asinine commercials!

Honored Contributor

@gardenman wrote:

And the emu does not look happy in any of those ads. If you're going to use an animal in ads, use a domestic animal that's happy performing, not something like an emu.

@gardenman   The emu is computer generated.  A real emu is dressed for photo shots but the commercial does not have a real emu.

Odd how people are in a tizz over the emu being dressed up but ohh and ahh over the poor pets dressed up in ridiculous outfits in RL.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

I am not bothered by most things but I have  onto agree about those commercials.  Actually all the Liberty ones are like that liberty bibity ones.

Honored Contributor

yeah, stupid

Like that All State guy with the pretty voice who is also an actor in the movies.  Distinguished and no nonsense.

Like that 'idiot' acting guy too that drives around with that gal who's putting on lipstick and earrings. He cracks me up

Honored Contributor

I knew I wasn't alone!!   Terribly silly, annoying commercials to try to sell something quite serious.     Go away, Liberty Mutual, go away.

Respected Contributor

@shaggygirl wrote:

Another one I hate and I don't even remember the product. It's either a shaver or dipilatory or SOMETHING to use "down there". It has 3 women standing with shrubbery or leaves or something covering their lady bits and the product gets rid of it. Sorry but struggled to find a nice way of describing. Hope I didn't offend anyone.

No you didn't offend, in fact I had to laugh "lady bits"? Now that's a new one.

Honored Contributor

@Cakers3 wrote:

@gardenman wrote:

And the emu does not look happy in any of those ads. If you're going to use an animal in ads, use a domestic animal that's happy performing, not something like an emu.

@gardenman   The emu is computer generated.  A real emu is dressed for photo shots but the commercial does not have a real emu.

Odd how people are in a tizz over the emu being dressed up but ohh and ahh over the poor pets dressed up in ridiculous outfits in RL.

Whoever is doing the computer-generated emu then should work to make the emu look happier. That looks like one seriously stressed out bird rather than a happy bird. (By the way, there's a couple who have a YouTube channel called "White House on the Hill" who have raised three emus, and those are happy, relaxed emus most of the time.)

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!