Respected Contributor

Re: LiMu Emu and Doug commercials

Don't mind the Emu commercials so much as not as annoying as some, like Flo from Progressive!

Respected Contributor

@ID2    in response to Liberty Mutual laughing all the way to the bank because I remembered their commercial - I don't see how you think that because I remembered their commercial in a ''negative light', that Liberty Mutual would gain any $$ from me ...not going to be happening.

Esteemed Contributor

@KKJ wrote:

Don't mind the Emu commercials so much as not as annoying as some, like Flo from Progressive!

Ha, ha, and I just love Flo, can't stand the Emu. It just goes to show what they're up against when creating a commercial. Can't please all of the people all of the time. 

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I don't like them either and I feel sorry for the animals... When I look at virtually all commercials I try not to remember that some over-paid dolt on Madison Avenue is being paid huge bucks to come up with such drivel... The ad industry is truly one of the bigger scourges of modern society, and on so very many levels too...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Frequent Contributor

@sarahpanda wrote:

@Hair Today Gone Tomorrow ..Yes, the LM commercials are short BUT they run them, at least in my area, several times a day !  MANY, MANY TIMES  ...on every channel !  I'd go so far as to say they are the most played commercials on tv .  ugh !

I agree.  Just having a 2 year old maniac that needs tons of exercise, I have learned to embrace them.  Seriously, she can be sound asleep, snoring away in bed and leaps up and goes after Limu no matter what time, day or night.  LOL

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Just recently I asked my daughter who's helping me if she remembers playing the game when all my girls lived at home we called "Guess what the commercial is selling".

Sometimes it's hard to guess what is being sold.  The commercial makers are so busy trying to be cute or keep people watching that (I think) they miss the point of trying to sell the product.

Frequent Contributor

I find them quite harmless.  The one when he accepts the key to the city and lets that big key drag on the ground with the female emu with the wig on in the gallery cracks me up.  Don't know why.  Liberty, biberty, yea, tickles me as well.  To each their own.

Respected Contributor

I hate the Nissan commercials, I think it's for the Sentra, where young folks drive like maniacs, squealing around corners & speeding thru city streets because they refuse to compromise or something.  The driver is yammering & looking at the passenger instead of at the road.  It just makes me cringe watching it!

Valued Contributor

How much is FLO  worth..

Trusted Contributor

While I have never written to a company, if I do, it would be Progressive and LM. I HATE their commercials and just wonder if Progressive is setting out to hire the most obnoxious actors or characters. Flo is bad, but that creepy Jamie is worse and I don't know that newer girl's name. Yep, I know their names, I know what they are selling and I would NEVER buy those products.

It sounds like people think that LM emu is real. It never even occurred to me that it would be. I just assumed it was a computer thing.