Respected Contributor

Let's talk about the current run of Hallmark Christmas movies...

I don't know if I'm just getting tired of them or if they are really not very good this year.

I watched the one with Allison Sweeney and the Christmas card found in her old math book.  It was my first time ever in the history of watching the Hallmark movies that I actually used my fast forward button throughout some of the scenes.  

I really enjoy Alllison Sweeney and I loved her in the Murder, She Baked series.  I've also enjoyed her performances in other Hallmark movies, but not this one.

The other one I watched last night was just as bad in my opinion.   It was about the woman who had amnesia and the male nurse who drove her to the Christmas tree lighting ceremony so she could find the person named Mark.  

The whole hospital scenes before they left on their trip were ridiculous.  What hospital would allow this woman to stay there without any insurance or means to pay the bill? She spends over a week in the hospital and when she leaves the nurses buy her clothes, give her money, the police give her a cell phone and they all, including the doctor, just merrily wave good-by to her.  

Neither the woman or the male nurse know anything about each other but yet they take off together in the car to make a cross country trip.  Not once did anyone even mention that this woman could be pulling a scam.  She supposedly has no memory of who she is or where she is going to go but yet she is bright and bubbly.  Of course the outcome is the same as always, he falls madly in love with her within just weeks and is going to uproot his entire life for her.

I have a few more of the new Hallmark movies on my DVR waiting to be watched.  Hopefully they will be better.  

If they aren't I promise I won't come back here and continue to rant about how bad they have become. LOL!  

Thanks for reading and not telling me to just stop watching them.  I think I am addicted.

Honored Contributor

Re: Let's talk about the current run of Hallmark Christmas movies...

My feeling is , seen one, seen them all! 

Respected Contributor

@J Town Girl  The trick to watching Hallmark movies is forget about "real " life. Just assume this is what happens to these people. Yes, they are pretty much all the same plot and have have happy endings, but I think that is why they are so popular. They are pure escapism. I watched one the other day with Tyler Haynes which I liked. Yes, most of them are silly, but sometimes you need silly to get through the day. I enjoyed the one with the woman with amnesia. I thought the guy she was with was dealing with something a lot of people go through. Each to his own.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I agree with the Hallmark ones. I don't think they are as good or varied as in years past.

I've been watching a lot that I haven't seen before on the free streaming channels-some are live and others are dvd? where you can pause etc. They do have commercials but you can just mute.

Pluto, Roku, Peacock.

I just saw one with Brooke Shields in Ireland, called Castle Christmas. I liked it and loved the beautiful scenery.Surprisingly some hated it and others gave it a 10. I thought she was great in this-a good actress and others thought she was awful. 🤷‍♀️

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

I want the Candace Cameron Brue pink coat.   It had sold out, then, the other day I saw the pink in large was on waitlist I flew to the phone and the CS said it wasn't available the order page hadn't been updated.

wahhhh..............that pink coat is so pretty !

6367076160363964849014880-1.gif

Honored Contributor

@J Town Girl   I've watched quite a few of the Hallmark Christmas movies this year.  I loved the one with James Denton and Terri Hatcher and also the one a couple of nights ago with Tyler Hines.

I watched the one about the woman with amnesia today and enjoyed it.  I try not to think of them as being true to life.  I enjoy feel good movies at Christmas.  Just as an aside, did he say he was going to upend his life for her?  I don't remember them saying anything about one of them moving or anything.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

I do miss seeing some of the Hallmark movies. I used to have Sling with the Hallmark added but

discontinued it. So only some I can see on other channels.

I always like the ones with Candace Cameron Bure.

I do like a lot of the Hallmark Hall of Fame movies esp. if I haven't seen them before. 

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

For the most part, I think Hallmark is going downhill.  I don't watch quite a few movies because the lead actors and actresses don't appeal to me. 

For me, Hallmark is no longer concerned with good acting, compatibility, and acceptability. Some of what I'm seeing is actually distasteful.  

Lifetime is even worse.  

Honored Contributor

I've read that a lot of the the ones I consider better actors are going to that new channel GAC and leaving Hallmark. For some this will be their last season on the Hallmark channel.

Honored Contributor

I only watch Hallmark movies if I have seen all the other things on TV...I do not like the movies....agree, if you seen one you've seen them all.