Honored Contributor

Thank you Woman Happy@Love my grandkids 

Respected Contributor

Movie is an excellent movie.  Wrenching in every way, I had a physically difficult time watchin it when it first came out. 39 years sober for me, all too close to the bone for me. The acting is amazingly real.

Fabulous performances from Cage and Shue.

Respected Contributor

@SilleeMee a big congratulations 🎈🎉🍾🎊.

Respected Contributor

Re: Leaving los vegas

[ Edited ]

I saw it in the theater years aso - couldn't wait 'til he died - geesh.

I don't feel sorry for alcoholics or drug addicts - they do it to themselves.  

And yes I've had them in my family - my father and my step-son.

Respected Contributor

congrats silleemee.that is something to be proud of!

Trusted Contributor

@FranandZoe You are absolutely right. I lived with an alcoholic for 16 years and they are the most selfish people on earth. They only care about 2 things: themselves and their booze. When I saw "Leaving Las Vegas", many years ago, I felt like you did. I did feel very sorry for Elizabeth Shue's character, though. For those who think the world's oldest profession is so glamorous and exciting, this should be a real wake up call to how victimized these women are and how dangerous it really is for them. 

Honored Contributor

Alcoholics might seem like selfish people, and some really are, but apparent selfishness is a classic symptom which stems from addiction.

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee @IMW   wonderful accomplishment. So happy you were able to achieve and maintain sobriety.

The movie is dark and depressing. I had tried to watch it several times before actually succeeding a couple of years ago. It was a "once was enough" for me.

~~~"Patience is the power to do nothing when doing something won't do anything but make everything worse"~~~
Respected Contributor

Good movie.  Yes, very dark and sad.  Incredible acting and I really did love seeing Las Vegas as it was back about 20 years ago.  That is when I was going often so it was like visting a friend.  Sounds track is amazing as well.  

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee Congratulations!!!!!!