Respected Contributor

wow,I just watched the saddest movie ever.leaving los vegas.with Nicolas cage and Elisabeth shue.the soundtrack was awsome.songs by sting,who I love.

Honored Contributor

Yes, it was...very dark & depressing.  I can't watch it; once was enough.  I enjoy both actors but, good gosh, that movie was sad.  My ex-husband was an alcoholic, a high functioning one, to the point I didn't even know it until one morning we were in the hospital for an outpatient procedure he was having and the nurse asked him how much he had to drink.  I was shocked; I had no clue.  My heart sank.  That's all the detail I'll go into, but, bless his heart, his drinking killed him at 45 years of age.  It was so heartbreaking & still is to even think about it.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Respected Contributor

I am very sorry to hear that suferwife.i hope you have moved on from saddness.yes,this is a very dark movie.ive read,after this movie,Elizabeth left showbiz.

Honored Contributor

I recorded that movie but not sure I will ever watch it.  Not a fan of Nick and I don't need depressing stories.  Think I'll just delete it.

Respected Contributor

Re: Leaving los vegas

[ Edited ]

@Luvsmyfam  I recently watched the movie Leaving LAS VEGAS again, too. It was so intense and tragic.

Respected Contributor

and to think,this is real with pp..suferswife shared,she lost her husband from this diease

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I have seen it a few times in recent months, so powerful and so sad. Shue deserved an Oscar too, but it went only to Cage. 

Honored Contributor

That movie left me feeling dead inside, but powerful performances for sure and had the impact it was supposed to have. 

Honored Contributor

That movie hit real close to home for me. I've lost loved ones and family members to alcoholism. The disease nearly killed me, too, but I've been sober for over a decade and plan to stay that way. It has been a difficult journey and continues to be.

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee Congratulations!