Honored Contributor

Re: Leaving Neverland documentary on HBO

@chiclet wrote:

I have always loved his music and dancing.  However I have always thought he had severe mental issues.  His obscession with children especially little boys was sick.  

@chiclet  Agreed.  All the plastic surgery alone tells me that, w/out even the child abuse issue!

Honored Contributor

@TurnerGal wrote:

@PugdogMom wrote:

@wildcat fan wrote:

I'm still trembling in the aftermath. So troubling.

I wonder if the producers will pursue a sequel and if others will come forward.  Through my online reading, I came across the name of Omer Bhatti who is still apparently close to MJ's kids.  His is an unusual story as MJ befriended him when he was 11 and he was still part of the inner circle when MJ passed.  Would be fascinating to hear his story, but doubtful that will ever come out.

Safechuck's mom is one that I had a hard time following at times.  She said she thought of herself as a mother figure for MJ and it's just a coincidence that he bought them a house right after James testified.  Did anybody believe her about the house?  I could see how she was being groomed, but somehow it seems like she would have caught on.  

Found it interesting how Corey Feldman has reacted since he's been so outspoken about molesters in Hollywood.  Macaulay Culkin appears to be silent about the documentary.  I've been watching his Twitter but so far no mentions.  It's hard to believe MJ didn't try anything with them.  

I think Michael was clever enough to not be inappropriate with some kids - especially high profile kids like Corey and Macaulay. He knew the kids and families to prey upon - the self-proclaimed “nobodies “.  It was a heartbreaking documentary, but a necessary one, I think. Hopefully, it will be an eye opener and prevent some victimization of this sort. I applaud these men for their bravery. 

I think too he judged these familes as people he would be able to get away with this stuff.  They also fell for his "act" about how he needed their help.  I think in the movie I saw about the Catholic Church abuse,  they had priest admit that they went after the kids that knew they could get away with this stuff.  My son will be 24 this year, it is all so scarey,  I think something Oprah stressed was that almost all of the time the abuser will be somebody the family knows,  please keep your eyes open to protect your children and grandchildren, trust your insticts.

Along these lines, I liked how Oprah pointed out to James that Michael could very well find a ride to James' family house to have dinner there, but instead asked the family to pick him up so they'd feel important to MJ.  James replied, "I never thought of that, but yes, he could have had his own ride [limo]."   Just part of all the grooming to make the family feel needed and special to Michael.

Honored Contributor

Someone sent me a link to an article in Rolling Stone about Paris which is very long and has a lot of information.  I had no idea about any of it except one suicide atempt -- and once again I feel nauseous.  IMO no reason to think the kids are all right.  

I don't think I can post the link because it's Rolling Stone so google:

Paris Jackson:  Life After Neverland

Honored Contributor

I recommend the 2017 Rolling Stone article on Paris to everyone.  It's sooooo sad how she's struggled.  Cutting (the tattoos are to cover up all the scars), multiple suicide attempts (only one was leaked to the press),. addiction issues, other stuff.  .  

And I just did a quick google and there are reports that just this January she was admitted to a facility for her "emotional health."  Easy to believe after that article, it's happened repeatedly.  She of course denies it and says she just took a break from social media.  But she didn't delete her accounts which is the norm when celebs do that.