Esteemed Contributor

Re: Leaving Neverland documentary on HBO

@LoriLori  She was focusing on how the abuser "grooms" his victims and how the victims are made to feel if they say anthing about it......bad things will happen and it will be ALL THEIR FAULT.

She had one or two victims of abuse , one was some big NFL player, say how it was the same thing for them.

I thought the interviws were good, but I had a couple questions that I wish she would have asked.

I want to watch it again....

Esteemed Contributor

@VaBelle35  I didn’t see the Oprah thing. I ❤️ your post for the sidebar comment. 😄

Keepin' it real.
Honored Contributor

@LoriLori wrote:

@Mz iMac wrote:

@goldensrbest wrote:

,he  hired women to have kids,not even using his own sperm, something wrong with that.

Really?  confused.gif

Mark Lester (actor) admitted his sperm was used for Paris-Michael and Prince-Michael #1, both of whose mother is Debbie Rowe who signed a contract she'd have the kids and take a large sum of money to stay away.  I think she reached out to Paris when Paris tried to kill herself.

Prince-Michael II, aka "Blanket," who was dangled over the balcony (so unforgettably disgusting) was delivered via surrogate and not sure anyone knows who his sperm donor was.  Just googled it and Michael Jackson claimed it was his own sperm.  

Even the names...this guy was so sick it is staring us all in the face.  But his kids loved him and like Wade and Jimmy and the rest, they didn't know a different life, only Michael as their father and no mother and veils and balconies and...ugh, this man was so sick.

@LoriLori   No way was it Jackson's sperm.  Before he began the journey to become white, he was a very black boy in appearance, cute kid, who could have imagined the path he would take, aside from music.

Honored Contributor

@Nataliesgramma wrote:

@LoriLori wrote:

@Pearlee 

I agree with almost all of your thoughtful post.  But I do blame the mothers.  They were smiling so much, looking back on the glory days when this psycho sent them to the best hotels, on great trips, anywhere so he could be alone to molest their sons.  They don't seem terribly sorry.  I don't remember tears, but maybe I'm wrong.  I remember lots of fond reminiscing like the good old days are gone.

They were responsible.  It wasn't the boy's fault and I appreciate you quoting what I said because those boys didn't know how their lives were a million miles from normal.

I too blame the Mothers....but I think they got caught up with it too....Michael threw money, trips at them and I think the Mothers are STILL in denial  that this person who was so kind and generous to them would do this to their sons. They KNEW something wasn't right, but they chose not to believe it....... because they were groomed just as much as their sons. That is why they were still smiling in the interviews when they talked about  Michael and going on trips with him.

Wasn't it mentioned in the Oprah interview that one of the boys Mother's didn't want to see the part of the tape that he described the abuse?

@Nataliesgramma   A good description; this is exactly how I would state it.

Honored Contributor

@LoriLori wrote:

@Mz iMac wrote:

@goldensrbest wrote:

,he  hired women to have kids,not even using his own sperm, something wrong with that.

Really?  confused.gif

Mark Lester (actor) admitted his sperm was used for Paris-Michael and Prince-Michael #1, both of whose mother is Debbie Rowe who signed a contract she'd have the kids and take a large sum of money to stay away.  I think she reached out to Paris when Paris tried to kill herself.

Prince-Michael II, aka "Blanket," who was dangled over the balcony (so unforgettably disgusting) was delivered via surrogate and not sure anyone knows who his sperm donor was.  Just googled it and Michael Jackson claimed it was his own sperm.  

Even the names...this guy was so sick it is staring us all in the face.  But his kids loved him and like Wade and Jimmy and the rest, they didn't know a different life, only Michael as their father and no mother and veils and balconies and...ugh, this man was so sick.

I think Blanket is the only one of the children who resembles Michael.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Pearlee wrote:

@LoriLori wrote:

@Mz iMac wrote:

@goldensrbest wrote:

Really?  confused.gif

I think Blanket is the only one of the children who resembles Michael.

@Pearlee   He doesn't resemble the genetic Michael, looks Native American Indian or Latino.

Image result for picture of michael jackson at twelve

Honored Contributor

I just finished Oprah.

Not seeing the documentary, I'm not really sure what value she added here.

She asked the questions people wanted to know (are you doing this for money, why now, etc.) but I'm not sure the answers were satisfying for the detractors.

She seemed to focus on one more than the other.

I will say she did a good job of highlighting the "grooming" aspect of this type of abuse.  Apparently the documetary focused on this as well and really walked you through how methodical and calculating it was.

Someone on Sirius/XM this morning said that Lisa Marie did talk about how he got to her and the person talking about the interview with Lisa said the similarities were interesting.

He did need Lisa for his image.  I would not be surprised if he pulled that crying thing on her.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Esteemed Contributor

I'm still trembling in the aftermath. So troubling.

I wonder if the producers will pursue a sequel and if others will come forward.  Through my online reading, I came across the name of Omer Bhatti who is still apparently close to MJ's kids.  His is an unusual story as MJ befriended him when he was 11 and he was still part of the inner circle when MJ passed.  Would be fascinating to hear his story, but doubtful that will ever come out.

Safechuck's mom is one that I had a hard time following at times.  She said she thought of herself as a mother figure for MJ and it's just a coincidence that he bought them a house right after James testified.  Did anybody believe her about the house?  I could see how she was being groomed, but somehow it seems like she would have caught on.  

Found it interesting how Corey Feldman has reacted since he's been so outspoken about molesters in Hollywood.  Macaulay Culkin appears to be silent about the documentary.  I've been watching his Twitter but so far no mentions.  It's hard to believe MJ didn't try anything with them.  

Frequent Contributor

@wildcat fan wrote:

I'm still trembling in the aftermath. So troubling.

I wonder if the producers will pursue a sequel and if others will come forward.  Through my online reading, I came across the name of Omer Bhatti who is still apparently close to MJ's kids.  His is an unusual story as MJ befriended him when he was 11 and he was still part of the inner circle when MJ passed.  Would be fascinating to hear his story, but doubtful that will ever come out.

Safechuck's mom is one that I had a hard time following at times.  She said she thought of herself as a mother figure for MJ and it's just a coincidence that he bought them a house right after James testified.  Did anybody believe her about the house?  I could see how she was being groomed, but somehow it seems like she would have caught on.  

Found it interesting how Corey Feldman has reacted since he's been so outspoken about molesters in Hollywood.  Macaulay Culkin appears to be silent about the documentary.  I've been watching his Twitter but so far no mentions.  It's hard to believe MJ didn't try anything with them.  

I think Michael was clever enough to not be inappropriate with some kids - especially high profile kids like Corey and Macaulay. He knew the kids and families to prey upon - the self-proclaimed “nobodies “.  It was a heartbreaking documentary, but a necessary one, I think. Hopefully, it will be an eye opener and prevent some victimization of this sort. I applaud these men for their bravery. 

Trusted Contributor

I am 59 and when the original trial came up I was very much on the fence,  I thought it was wierd a grown man hanging out with young children but I wasn't sure he had molested them.  So far I watched an hour of the four hours.  Totally convinced Michael was a predator.  Not sure if I can watch another 3 hours.  

It is horrible for any child or adult to be assaulted, but one of these boys was 7!  I just kept thinking, he is 7 and his parents left him alone with a grown man.  Clearly celebrity thing playing a huge roll,  would they have let him go home with some stranger they had met in the airport?  Very troubling.

I watched Oprah,  I miss Oprah,  she does did such a great job at bringing this issues to light.  There is no one today that does that on TV.  Dr. Phil just goes for the shock value,