Honored Contributor

Re: Leaving Neverland documentary on HBO

@VaBelle35 wrote:

The clip I saw of the Oprah interview has her asking the questions people are asking after watching it.

@VaBelle35   I had two chances to watch Oprah last night, and each time the show began, I fell asleep!  Do you know, offhand, if it will be repeated?

Honored Contributor

Thanks goodness for the wives.  I checked and they're still married.  They are wonderful and I give them full credit along with Wade and Jimmy for their healing.  No credit to the families.

Honored Contributor

@mousiegirl wrote:

@VaBelle35 wrote:

The clip I saw of the Oprah interview has her asking the questions people are asking after watching it.

@VaBelle35   I had two chances to watch Oprah last night, and each time the show began, I fell asleep!  Do you know, offhand, if it will be repeated?

I don't know for sure, but I have to imagine the whole thing will be repeated, like the R Kelly documentary and the "after show" they did in response to the response of the audience.

It's being talked about everywhere.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

I do not have HBO ,so what did everyone think?

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

I suspect HBO will license it out to some "network" so that others can watch it.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

One thing I found very interesting during the Oprah interview was that both boys have placed blame on their mothers.  Wade says he has no feelings for his mother and James is on the road to forgiving his mother but is not there yet.   This is a great example of why children are not competent to make decisions and, as LoriLori stated above, " What does a seven-year-old know about how life should work?"   The boys wanted to be with Michael overnight and sleep with him and both mothers let them, when of course neither should have.   That's a bit why I'm so surprised that both boys have bad feelings towards their mothers, when it was they who wanted to stay with Michael and when Wade didn't want to go with the rest of his family to the Rocky Mountains.  This is why parents need to make important decisions for their children and not let the children make them.  Anyway, I was suprised that both men had hostility toward their mothers.

Part II and the Oprah show reinforced my impression from Part I that the boys are 100% credible about what Jackson did to them.  James is clearly still struggling with a lot and honestly stated that he'll be struggling with this for the rest of his life.   Wade seems much farther along in the healing process.   Speaking of Wade, I did not find him credible only when he said he hadn't sued for the money, but only to make his own statements on the witness stand in court (his case was dismissed for being brought too late).   That was the only time I found either of the two men not credible.

I thought Oprah was overbearing; she tends to "take over.".  Some of her questions were very good, but she "takes over" too much.  At one point she seemed to be making absolute statements about how the victims should be/what they should be feeling and then caught herself saying "tha's my opinion" when clearly she was kind of "lecturing" to them rather than stating her opinion.  

Honored Contributor

@mousiegirl wrote:

@VaBelle35 wrote:

@mousiegirl  I fell asleep during Oprah.  Not because it wasn't compelling -- it was, so very.  Glad I can have the chance to watch all of it because I just checked and HBO is repeating it --  mostly at odd hours -- and it is also available at HBO On Demand.  It's called "After Neverland."  (I didn't know that until now.)

Honored Contributor

I do what to say , michael was very strange,  very talented, but his interest in kids always worried me ,also how he had so much plastic surgery to change his looks, yes i know about his skin contidtion,but there was way more about what he did to himself ,than that ,he  hired women to have kids,not even using his own sperm, something wrong with that.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

@goldensrbest wrote:

,he  hired women to have kids,not even using his own sperm, something wrong with that.

Really?  confused.gif

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

@LoriLori wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

@VaBelle35 wrote:

@mousiegirl  I fell asleep during Oprah.  Not because it wasn't compelling -- it was, so very.  Glad I can have the chance to watch all of it because I just checked and HBO is repeating it --  mostly at odd hours -- and it is also available at HBO On Demand.  It's called "After Neverland."  (I didn't know that until now.)

@LoriLori   Thank you, but I don't have HBO, so all I can view is Oprah, if it is rerun.