Respected Contributor

Re: Leaving Neverland documentary on HBO

I truly felt sorry for Michael Jackson and think his Father had a lot to do with Michaels issues.

Sleep sweet Bo 3/19/08 8/4/18
Honored Contributor

I remember reading writer Maureen Orth's pieces on this in Vanity Fair years ago.  She covered the Jackson cases, among others, over a period of many years. 

Vanity Fair has now published ten things that are known about the case that she uncovered over the course of her investigation.  Can't post the link, but if you google something like 10 Undeniable Facts about the Michael  Jackson Abuse Allegations,  the article should come up.

Honored Contributor

@Oznell wrote:

I remember reading writer Maureen Orth's pieces on this in Vanity Fair years ago.  She covered the Jackson cases, among others, over a period of many years. 

Vanity Fair has now published ten things that are known about the case that she uncovered over the course of her investigation.  Can't post the link, but if you google something like 10 Undeniable Facts about the Michael  Jackson Abuse Allegations,  the article should come up.

@OznellI find the actions of the parents disturbing, too. 

If MJ is spending the night at your house, do you not make sure he has his own bedroom?

Gifts? Trips? Once the first allegation came out about MJ, regardless of a trial and acquittal, do you still trust him to be with your child??

IF, and only IF, MJ was guilty in ALL cases, his easy access to the children was often fostered by the parents.

I find the whole MJ child abuse issue sad for the victims, sad that those in the know did nothing, and sad for the parents who looked the other way, exposing their children to him in return for cash, jewelry, and other payments.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Esteemed Contributor

@LoriLori wrote:

So sorry, I had my kids molested by Michael Jackson mixed up.

@LoriLori are you saying your children were molested?    If yes, I am really sorry and saddened, it must be so terrible for them.  If not, can you please edit the post?  it is so very disturbing to read.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@LoriLori wrote:

AND IN THE ONLY CRIMINAL TRIAL

(and there may have been other civil settlements, we wouldn't know) --

THERE WAS STRONG EVIDENCE.  It included this:  Michael Jackson had a unique mark on his...you-know-what. One of the key pieces of evidence was that the young plaintiff, Jordan Chandler, described it perfectly.  And described disgusting repeated abuse.  But like some other celebrities the jury let him go despite the weight of the evidence.

I don't consider that strong evidence. Someone could have described it to him just as he is now describing it to whomever is doing the interview.Then again, boys seeing naked men is common just as girls seeing naked women is common. It happens in the showers at gyms everywhere.

Why have they waited until after he's dead and can no longer face his accusers? Unfair and unlikely.

Honored Contributor

When I first saw Neverland, I thought of the movie Leaving Neverland with Johnny Depp that was excellent.  However, this is about Michael Jackson' s Neverland.  Michael Jackson was innocent of all charges and I am willing to bet the parents were after some big bucks since it was Michael Jackson.  Michael never had a childhood and loved children but it does not make him a pervert.  

kindness is strength
Trusted Contributor

I am going to watch this. I have no feelings about Michael Jackson one way or another. 

I am interested to see the documentary and what the victims have to say. A couple of reasons I want to watch is that Corey Feldman and Corey Haim both stated they were victims of abuse as children as well. Not by Michael Jackson, but by others in the movie industry in Hollywood. No one would believe them either. I also saw a documentary on this as well. Other child actors spoke out as well stating they all knew what had happened to the 2 Corey's.

Also a week or so ago I watched the documentary on Netflix Abucted in Plain Sight.

This person groomed the parents of the child and then moved in on the child. He had abducted her twice. Had her parents sign papers taking back their claims or he would sue them. He harrassed this women until he died.

Honored Contributor

@Oznell 

Just read Maureen Orth's article and it's succinct and credible.  I can't think why it's against TOS.  VF has no political content.  No one is forcing anyone to click on the link, and the info in the article is not repeated here.

https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2019/03/10-undeniable-facts-about-the-michael-jackson-sexual-ab...

@occasionalrain  It explains in detail how this child knew what Jackson's you-know-what looked like.  So no, it couldn't have been described to him.

Reading it, this whole thing coming up, and yes the two Coreys, everybody's lives messed up, Jordie's and Jimmy's fathers committing suicide, and she only mentions part of this but the incredibly complicated system of security codes and rooms within rooms within rooms that made sure no staff could enter MJ's bedroom.

I'm reminded of the church abuse scandal.  Those victims were not believed either.  Until people began questioning.  Ending in them being believed.  But that took a long time and many lives were destroyed as they were by MJ.

And I love his music.  

But anyone with an open mind can see the screaming evidence that he did these things.  He never slept with a woman or adult male in his life.  Only boys.  He only wanted boys and when they grew older he threw them away and replaced them.  Classic.

Honored Contributor

@occasionalrain 

Also it isn't true that they waited until he was dead.  They waited until they were ready.  Someone said one or both are parents now.  

But like with Cosby and the church and others I think some people could be shown footage of it happening (shudder) and still deny it.  Not saying that's you, OR, but some people.

Honored Contributor

I wonder if we'll hear from Lisa Marie.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN