Honored Contributor

Re: 'Leave It To Beaver' Star Ken Osmond Has Died At 76

@chickenbutt wrote:

Smiley Sad Smiley Sad Smiley Sad

He was a nice guy, too.  Nothing like Eddie Haskell.  I met him once and we talked for a while.  He was very sweet.

Wasn't he a cop for one while?

ETA - Oops, sorry Pearley.  I got interrupted and didn't see your post.  Smiley Happy

I bet he had stories to tell.  I wonder how many people he arrested and they recognized him as Eddie, I bet they changed their tune with him lol. What a memorable character Eddie Haskell is.  I just hope he was happy.  So many entertainers give us joy and happiness and then sometimes you find out how unhappy they were.

Respected Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:
Gosh his face hardly changed at all over the years.

I knew he had become a policeman. I found it interesting that such a badly behaved, kind of sneaky character ended up in law enforcement in real life.

He really did add a much-needed edge to a show that was otherwise overly goodie two shoes!

Some people are born for a tv or movie role and this guy nailed his Eddie Haskell role! Great show! I still watch the reruns on MeTV

Respected Contributor

"Good evening, Mrs. Cleaver.  Might Wallace be at home?"

That's the line I'll always remember...

RIP Ken. 

Honored Contributor

@Reever wrote:

Im not liking it one bit that movie stars and television actors our age are now dying. Very sad and scary.

@Reever 

A part of our personal history is disappearing.  It is sad.  But inevitable, I guess.

He definitely made an impression.  Godspeed. Heart

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Valued Contributor

He was so good in that role; maybe the best child actor I have ever seen, now an icon.

I remember years ago, seeing him and his own children in The New Leave It To Beaver.

He wrote a book, in which he described how his bulletproof vest saved his life when he was shot in the chest three times during his career as a motorcycle cop.

EDDIE: The Life and Times of America's Preeminent Bad Boy by [Ken Osmond, Christopher J. Lynch, Jerry Mathers]

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

That ingratiating character was played perfectly by Osmond. His scenes were among my favorites.

Here's a photo of most of the surviving main cast, taken shortly before Frank Bank ("Lumpy") died:

5ec2ed6baab3d.image.jpg

What worries you masters you.
Honored Contributor

OMG @Tony Dow! Yikes!
Respected Contributor

@vsm wrote:

"Good evening, Mrs. Cleaver.  Might Wallace be at home?"

That's the line I'll always remember...

RIP Ken. 

Along with "That's a lovely dress you're wearing, Mrs. Cleaver".

Bless him for taking a bit part (really insignificant when you think about it) to a level we remember it soooo many years later with a smile.  Woman Happy

Denise
Respected Contributor

Oh my, did not know that Lumpy had also passed.

MeTV dedicated the 8:40am eastern show to him this morning. Thanks for the memories Eddie! RIP
Honored Contributor

@Highlands72 wrote:

He was so good in that role; maybe the best child actor I have ever seen, now an icon.

I remember years ago, seeing him and his own children in The New Leave It To Beaver.

He wrote a book, in which he described how his bulletproof vest saved his life when he was shot in the chest three times during his career as a motorcycle cop.

EDDIE: The Life and Times of America's Preeminent Bad Boy by [Ken Osmond, Christopher J. Lynch, Jerry Mathers]

I did not know about this book.  Thank You!  I ordered it yesterday.   I enjoy bio-type books from people whose art I've enjoyed over the years. 

One of my favs was Debbie Reynolds.  Well, actually, she had two books and you need to read the first one first.  I didn't know that when I ordered what turned out to be the second one and I lucked out and found the first one (it was OOP), so I was able to read both.