Honored Contributor

Re: 'Leave It To Beaver' Star Ken Osmond Has Died At 76

[ Edited ]

Smiley Sad Smiley Sad Smiley Sad

He was a nice guy, too.  Nothing like Eddie Haskell.  I met him once and we talked for a while.  He was very sweet.

Wasn't he a cop for one while?

ETA - Oops, sorry Pearley.  I got interrupted and didn't see your post.  Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

76 doesn't seem that old. I'm sorry to hear of his passing as well as so many celebrities in his age group. Wonderful that Eddie found a career outside of TV. I think Wally and the Beaver found lives outside of TV as well.  

Hubs and I used to call some of daughters' boyfriends -- Eddie Haskell. That name took on a meaning of its own. 

Thanks for the smiles, Ken. 

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Super Contributor

I grew up watching Leave It To Beaver.  Eddie Haskell was always complimenting June Cleaver to get on her good side but she was on to him lol!!  He played a great character!  Never would have thought he'd go into law enforcement!  RIP Ken...aka Eddie.

Esteemed Contributor

Growing up, I loved watching this show on TBS after school.  I thought he was so handsome.  I'm saddened to learn about this, but so appreciative for all the laughs.  May he rest in peace.  ❤️

Respected Contributor

Rest In Peace, Kenneth Charles Osmond....

Honored Contributor

I grew up with Dddie, and the Beaver gang, still etched in my  brain, RIP! It airs early every morning on ME TV. 

Super Contributor

So sorry to hear Ken Osmond passed.  He played Eddie to perfection.  My mom still refers to people as "the Eddie Haskell type."  It always makes me laugh when she says that but I know exactly what she means.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Kachina624 wrote:

Hard to believe Eddie Haskell was 76 years old.  Where do all the years go?

I know, I can't believe it.  His character was so funny.  I have told kids don't be a Eddie Haskell lol of course they didn't know who I was talking about.  I am so glad he had a good life doing what he wanted.  How ironic he became a police officer.Smiley Happy  I am hoping his parents did right by him money wise.

I remember Paul Peterson from the Donna Reed show had to start an organization to protect child actors and their money.  Some of them had it tough, sadly.

Honored Contributor

Oh, not "Eddie Haskell".   What an asset he was to the show.  I love that funny little cackle he had when he thought he had 'put one over',  and the way the minute the parental Cleavers' backs were turned, he'd start sneering at the Beave and calling him 'squirt'.  

Love the way Ward and June always had his number, too.  "Eddie" was a character all right, but his type is so instantly recognizable, in or out of fiction, and in every generation.

So neat that Ken Osmond went into law enforcement.

RIP,  delightful Ken Osmond.

Respected Contributor

Im not liking it one bit that movie stars and television actors our age are now dying. Very sad and scary.