Honored Contributor

Re: Leam Is Done

[ Edited ]

@qvcaddition wrote:

This is ridiculous.  Thirty years ago when a friend close to him was assaulted.  Pretty soon we will be going back to toddler age and what we did in the sandbox.  

PEOPLE CHANGE.  IMO, everyone at some time in their life was angry at someone and the person they were angry with could have been Italian, Hispanic, German, French, white, Black.

My father was in WW11, fighting Germans.  Years later, he and my neighbor became good friends.  They had the war in common.  My neighbor was in Hitler,s army fighting for his country as was my father.  We're is the forgiveness today.  This racist thing is going too far.  What people of color went through during the 60,,s and years pior, THAT WAS RACISM and beyond.  

Now you can criticize my remarks, but getting tired of oeople,s lives and careers getting ruined for what happen umpteen years ago.

OY VEY!   People in Hitler's army were doing more than fighting for their country.  Hitler was trying to wipe out the Jewish population, gypsies, homosexuals, and others.  OY!

Honored Contributor

After reading the reason why he felt as he did forty years ago, very young then, and given he was living in a violent society then, it is understandable why he would want revenge, but he didn't do it, and he got professional help, how many people would do that, and the reason it was even brought up recently was in answer to a question re his new movie.

Honored Contributor

@Jordan2 wrote:

I don’t approve of Liam Neesom’s remarks, however this happened like 30 years ago. One hopes we evolve over time, we aren’t the same person we were then. I feel everyone deserves a second chance at redemption.

@Jordan2  Forty years ago, and I agree.

Honored Contributor

Re: Leam Is Done

[ Edited ]

@JJsMom wrote:

Yeah what he did was HIGHLY disturbing even if it were decades ago. He didn't merely think it, he acted it out. He actually went out looking to instigate a fight with someone and kill them because of their race. He paced the streets with a weapon looking for a random black person to kill. That sends chills down my spine.

@JJsMom  It wasn't "because of the rapist's race," he said it just happened to be a black man, but if it had been a white man he still would have wanted revenge.

Honored Contributor

@SXMGirl wrote:

I think it is unfortunate that we live in a society where if you have any negative thoughts about anything and at any time that somehow you are vilified.  Of course, I have no idea why he would bring this up after 40 years.  Maybe it was to bring attention to his movie, but it appears that this backfired on him.

I do not know anyone who has not had a negative thought, but I think those thoughts are better left unsaid.  For the special few who have no ill thoughts about anything, I don't believe it.

@SXMGirl  It was brought up due to a question about his new movie and how he tapped into a particular emotion.  If you google, you can read the article.

Honored Contributor

@mousiegirl wrote:

@Jordan2 wrote:

I don’t approve of Liam Neesom’s remarks, however this happened like 30 years ago. One hopes we evolve over time, we aren’t the same person we were then. I feel everyone deserves a second chance at redemption.

@Jordan2  Forty years ago, and I agree.

@mousiegirl, I read an article online at New York Daily News website . Michelle Rodriquez (the actress) said Liam is not a racist. She said he was in the movie Widows  and I quote "Liam can't be a racist because he tongued Viola Davis"!

Esteemed Contributor

@Pearlee

@Pearlee wrote:

@qvcaddition wrote:

This is ridiculous.  Thirty years ago when a friend close to him was assaulted.  Pretty soon we will be going back to toddler age and what we did in the sandbox.  

PEOPLE CHANGE.  IMO, everyone at some time in their life was angry at someone and the person they were angry with could have been Italian, Hispanic, German, French, white, Black.

My father was in WW11, fighting Germans.  Years later, he and my neighbor became good friends.  They had the war in common.  My neighbor was in Hitler,s army fighting for his country as was my father.  We're is the forgiveness today.  This racist thing is going too far.  What people of color went through during the 60,,s and years pior, THAT WAS RACISM and beyond.  

Now you can criticize my remarks, but getting tired of people,s lives and careers getting ruined for what happen umpteen years ago.

OY VEY!   People in Hitler's army were doing more than fighting for their country.  Hitler was trying to wipe out the Jewish population, gypsies, homosexuals, and others.  OY!

This man was not SS.   He was a soldier who was called to war as was our young men.  Many Germans also hid jews.  I am very sorry for the Jewish people.  I think they suffered what no one should ever had to go through. So did the Japanese here in America.  I am Italian and my Grandmother from Italy living in America, but not a citizen yet, was considered an enemy because Italy sided with the Germans. She had to be in before sunset and could not go out in the morning before sunrise.

THE POINT BEING,  THIS  AMERICAN SOLDIER,GERMAN SOLDIER AND ITALIAN LADY AND THE GERMAN WIFE ,ALL GOT ALONG UNDER DIFFERENCE CIRCUNSTANSES. 

Forgiveness doesn,t mean you forget or condone, but to constantly hold grudges is harmful to ones health.

I grew up in a different era.   The world wasn,t perfect, but nothing like the RACISM  on both sides .  It is not one sided.

I am 83 and thankful for everyday I have.  I will not spend it hating, angry or judgmental toward any race. 

I think it,s crazy to go back years, and years to condemn someone.

I am sorry if anything I said might have offended you or anyone  on this thread.

Trusted Contributor

He is not "done". If people got real and admitted what they have thought in their pasts, they would have nothing to say.

I give him credit for admitting it.