Super Contributor

What he said and did in my opinion is indefensible!  He acted on his anger in an irresponsible way! One that could of been disastrous!!!  People of ALL races commit crimes, so should we go out and pick out someone from every race to hurt?  If the perpetrator had been someone of his own race, would he have gone out looking for them to hurt? That's the question that keeps running through my mind. It hurt my soul just reading his comments. Woman Sad  

Honored Contributor

He brought up  what he was feeling years ago as he was promoting ANOTHER movie  he is in  about a vigilante  coming out soon

...... it was all promotional to feed the fire around the movie.  Yes, he probably felt this way many years ago.... and he even said it could have been a white man or an Indian man... just so happened it was a black man in his "story" about what he was going through at the time.    

'

Maybe a poor choice of "story" about his past..... but to promote his movie I imagine it was worth the controversy........

Honored Contributor

Seriously? Who really cares?

"Pure Michigan"
Honored Contributor

@Mom2Dogs wrote:

I don't think we always need to say out loud what we are thinking.

I agree ! In today's world we're not allowed to have our own thoughts.

I just say what I want to husband and sisters and that's all.

Kevin Hart got tired of apologizing and finally told the Academy he wasn't doing the Oscars and he wouldn't miss it since he has a good career and not worried about money like he was back when he was young.

Liam, is established, also, so, he thought he was doing the right thing by confessing what he had done 40 some odd yrs ago. He should had just repented and knew in his heart he had changed .

Could be with his new movie coming out Friday he thought this confession would tie into the theme of the movie.

We don't forgive people for their past sins. We're suppose to, but, we don't. Best, in his case, he is Catholic, just make a clean breast of it to your priest and not go viral with it.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Leam Is Done

[ Edited ]

See if his movie still brings in the big bucks when it opens.

I really don't watch these kinds of movies. I do remember when his wife died

after the skiing accident.

Esteemed Contributor

@SXMGirl wrote:

I think it is unfortunate that we live in a society where if you have any negative thoughts about anything and at any time that somehow you are vilified.  Of course, I have no idea why he would bring this up after 40 years.  Maybe it was to bring attention to his movie, but it appears that this backfired on him.

I do not know anyone who has not had a negative thought, but I think those thoughts are better left unsaid.  For the special few who have no ill thoughts about anything, I don't believe it.

I am with you..................none of us are the same after 40 years........and none of us have never had negative thoughts................this society now is so into being politically correct  that I find "most" accusations and repercussions ridiculous.................there are a few that do deserve some kind of action.............Let he who is without sin throw the first stone...............a good rule to live by...

Honored Contributor

I think if you are not politically correct then don’t say it out loud.The freedom of speech is not going to protect you if you do.

Respected Contributor

I loved the movie Schlindler's list, but his current roles seem to be all connected with violence and killing., which we surely see enough of.  I'm sure he has confessed to his priest the sins of his past so why not just move on?. But maybe he was afraid the word would get before his new movie did.. Merely speculation as I don't know his motive for revealing the incident that happened so many years ago.

Trusted Contributor

I read the article. He shared his own intimate struggle with racism and how he worked to overcome feelings he knew were wrong. In my opinion, that's the only type of open and honest vulnerability that will move this country forward on race. Stifling honest dialogue has prevented healing and will only continue to do so. I hope that his honesty challenges all of us to confront our biases.

"The good thing about Science is that it's true, whether or not you believe in it."
Neil deGrasse Tyson
Honored Contributor

This isn't about how he has grown and evolved over the decades.  That's not the issue.  Most of us don't know why he would tell such an ugly story when there is no greater good to the story.  There's no lesson to be learned from it.  It serves no purpose.  It changes no one's thoughts or perceptions about anything except him.  I think, in his mind, he had a reason for telling it but he failed to convey that reason.