Respected Contributor

Yeah what he did was HIGHLY disturbing even if it were decades ago. He didn't merely think it, he acted it out. He actually went out looking to instigate a fight with someone and kill them because of their race. He paced the streets with a weapon looking for a random black person to kill. That sends chills down my spine.

If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor. ~ Desmond Tutu
Esteemed Contributor

I think it is unfortunate that we live in a society where if you have any negative thoughts about anything and at any time that somehow you are vilified.  Of course, I have no idea why he would bring this up after 40 years.  Maybe it was to bring attention to his movie, but it appears that this backfired on him.

I do not know anyone who has not had a negative thought, but I think those thoughts are better left unsaid.  For the special few who have no ill thoughts about anything, I don't believe it.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Respected Contributor

@Jackhound Mom wrote:

Thank you all.  My apoligies for my lack of spelling, the ability has left me.

I disagree that he will be forgiven for the terrible week long hunt he went on.  I have been hurt before but never wanted to retaliate and only ever pursued legal help.

People forgave Mark Wahlberg for his hate crimes, unfortunately. I wouldn't be surprised if Liam got a pass.

If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor. ~ Desmond Tutu
Respected Contributor

@SXMGirl wrote:

I think it is unfortunate that we live in a society where if you have any negative thoughts about anything and at any time that somehow you are vilified.  Of course, I have no idea why he would bring this up after 40 years.  Maybe it was to bring attention to his movie, but it appears that this backfired on him.

I do not know anyone who has not had a negative thought, but I think those thoughts are better left unsaid.  For the special few who have no ill thoughts about anything, I don't believe it.

It was beyond a fleeting thought. He went out for a week looking to kill someone. Actually tried to carry it out. That is really scary.

Respected Contributor

@JJsMomYou said it much better than I did, thank you!

Respected Contributor

@SXMGirlI'm sure we all have had negitive thoughts but to go out armed and look for someone to harm is criminal imho.

Honored Contributor

I question his sanity and why he thought it necessary to "share." 

Esteemed Contributor

@Jackhound Mom, no one knows that this actually happened,  If it did, and it was awful for the woman, this was 40 years ago.  There was no reason for him to bring this up now except that he has a movie, and I also believe their are political implications in this,

More importantly, I never understand why anyone cares what an actor has to say about anything.  Their careers are based on other people writing their words.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Valued Contributor

Liam will be fine.it happened 40 years ago, we all make mistakes.another week or so we will forget about it.

remember ryan seaquest 1 year ago inappropiate touching.I think everyone forgot all about that.

Honored Contributor

@heart of savino wrote:

Liam will be fine.it happened 40 years ago, we all make mistakes.another week or so we will forget about it.

remember ryan seaquest 1 year ago inappropiate touching.I think everyone forgot all about that.

There was an investigation and Ryan Seacrest was found not guilty and there was no truth to the allegations.

Comparing apples to oranges. This guy fully ADMITTED his intention and on yesterday's "Kelly and Ryan" he told Ryan he didn't want to talk about it when Ryan asked him some pertinent questions.