Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: Leah Remini and Daughter, Yikes!!!

@LoriLori  ITA about Mayim Balik. She put the odd in oddball and is very weird from the interviews with her that I've read. I feel sorry for her kids.

Honored Contributor

You are right; their kid, they get to raise the kid any way they want to.  I don't automatically assume that co-sleeping (is that what they call it?) automatically dooms a child for rest of his or her 90 years of life...LOL   I don't automatically assume that taking a bottle at 4 has any repercussions other than possibly creating dental problems.  It's choice.  I saw an ad in magazine recently some super duper king sized bed; it looked like it filled up an average bedroom and the blurb was that it was family bed.  I think there are more co-sleep families than we might think.  I can see how it would be advantageous with toddlers who wake up and call out throughout the night.  My girls are 30ish, sure they spent the occasional night in our bed but it wasn't a regular thing.  My youngest sister took a bottle until she was 5 and had dental issues because of it so I weaned my girls off their bottles very early.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I wonder if her “parenting skills” follow the tenets of Scientology. I think she broke away from that cult but paid a heavy price for it when she exposed a lot of dark things she claimed are taught within that church. I know someone else who is having similar sleep issues with their 5 year old who refuses to sleep alone.. but doesn’t still use bottles thank goodness. The 5 and 3 year old sleep with the parents every night...her husband is from Finland and he says that is the proper way to sleep...I mentioned my friend that they live in Iowa, not Finland...fell on deaf ears!

Honored Contributor

As a child I remember hopping into bed with my parents on the weekend as a treat when they were having coffee and reading the paper...It was never something done all the time or all night. 

Honored Contributor

I would let our youngest sleep with me when her daddy was out of town....wasn’t often, but we both slept better!
Esteemed Contributor

This wasn't a bottle here and there, it was 6 to 8 bottles a night.  She had to be diapered because she was drinking so much she was wetting the bed, actually the parents bed. 

Had my child wanted to drink that much I would have had her checked for diabetes.

The day I admit on national TV that I have no control in my own home and my 4 yr. old runs the show I hope someone tells me  I need help. 

I hated to hear my kids cry too, all parents do, but at some time you need to be the adult in the room and say no. 

I feel sorry for kids like that, they are in for a rude awakening around people who tell them no and don't care if it upsets them.

Honored Contributor

My step daughter let their baby sleep with them until she was 9 years old....just ridiculous....mom and dad took turns sleeping on the couch.

Esteemed Contributor

nevermind

Respected Contributor

I know this post was about Leah Remini but I noticed a few comments that were made about Mayim Bialik and I just wanted to add my two cents about her.  

I know that Mayim does have different ideas about how to raise her children but she also has many good ideas about life in general.   She is a very intelligent woman.  

I watch her youtube videos and I am always impressed with how she views life and the treatment of others.    Even though she is well off financially thanks to TBBT she lives a very simple life and doesn't subscribe to the Hollywood lifestyle,

There are many young women in Hollywood who would do well to implement the morals and values of Ms. Bialik.  

As far as her physical looks, I see absolutely nothing wrong with her.   I've seen pictures of her when she had been glammed up and she looks every bit as attractive as the other actress on the show.   

I may not agree with everything she believes in but all in all I think she's a pretty exception woman.

Respected Contributor

A few years back, I recall hearing about an actress, I think it was Alicia Silverstone, who did somehting called 'bird feeding' with her kids.  She'd put food in her mouth & chew it for them & then spit it into the kid's mouth.  Sounded kinda gross to me!