Esteemed Contributor

Leah Remini and Daughter, Yikes!!!

I bring her up after a conversation with DD yestersay.  I don't care for her and never watched any of her shows. Didn't know she was married with a child.

DD was talking about another actress who has her 4 and 10yr. old kids sleeping in bed with herself and DH.  They go to a hotel once a week to be alone.

Sorry, I digress.  DD then said she remembered that Remini's then 4 yr. old DD slept with parents but took 6 to 8 bottles a night.  Because she drank so much water she wore diapers.  they were exhausted from changing her all night and getting her bottles.  Mom didn't like to hear her cry. Dad said they didn't know they were doing anything wrong. Kid's Dr. told them it was not good and dad didn;t believe him.  I guess they went on a talk show in a tizzy because DD wouldn't give up bottles. They also said the kid ran the house.

I thought DD was kidding so I Googled it and yep she was right. Their kid, their life, but if that girl is like that at 4 what is she going to be like when she a teen and unleashed in the real world. I would like to be there when she learns she is not the center of everyone's universe. Hopefully now that the child is older Mom and Dad took control of the house again.

Did or do you co-sleep with your kids?  Mine did occasionally if they had a bad dream or were sick. Otherwise, nope.  They both kicked like Jackie Chan in an action movie so no one slept well.

Respected Contributor

Re: Leah Remini and Daughter, Yikes!!!

[ Edited ]

My kids would crawl into bed with us if they were scared of a noise they heard, they were sick or having a bad dream or it was thundering.

On to Leah's daughter:  I recall she was on Ellen DeGeneres' show when her DD was about 4.  Ellen asked her what outside activities she did with her daughter such as play dates, the park, etc.  I distinctly recall Leah saying that she didn't need play dates or to go to the park.   Wow.

If your face brightens when you meet a friend, you have struck gold. - unknown
Valued Contributor

Was this while Leah R was still involved in scientology?

Helen852
Esteemed Contributor

@Helen852   Yes, I believe it was while she was still involved with the church.

Honored Contributor

@pommom wrote:

My kids would crawl into bed with us if they were scared of a noise they heard, they were sick or having a bad dream or it was thundering.

On to Leah's daughter:  I recall she was on Ellen DeGeneres' show when her DD was about 4.  Ellen asked her what outside activities she did with her daughter such as play dates, the park, etc.  I distinctly recall Leah saying that she didn't need play dates or to go to the park.   Wow.

@CrazyKittyLvr2 

As @Helen852  said, this is when she was involved with Scientology.  You cannot judge her based on her behavior when she was in that cult; it isn't fair.

If you want a non-Scientologist who had weird ideas about raising her young children google Mayim Bialik.  But Leah Remini, she is not the person she was then thank goodness and she has done so much good shedding light on that sick cult.

Honored Contributor

@Helen852 wrote:

Was this while Leah R was still involved in scientology?

It had to be.  Leah just got out within the last few years.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@LoriLori wrote:

@pommom wrote:

@CrazyKittyLvr2 

As @Helen852  said, this is when she was involved with Scientology.  You cannot judge her based on her behavior when she was in that cult; it isn't fair.

If you want a non-Scientologist who had weird ideas about raising her young children google Mayim Bialik.  But Leah Remini, she is not the person she was then thank goodness and she has done so much good shedding light on that sick cult.

Agreed!  Based on what she's exposed about her own upbringing within the cult and children being separated from their parents to work as cheap labor within the Sea Org, combined with the teachings of Scientology, it's no wonder that Leah's parenting was skewed.  She wasn't raised in any semblance of a normal American family setting. It's like the old saying, "when you know better, you do better".  She's doing A LOT now to bring things to light, and that's to be respected.

Honored Contributor

I just found out a few weeks ago, that my Uncle's granddaughter who just turned 6 and is in kindergarten, still takes a bottle of chocolate milk at bedtime.....She can't give it up and even though she is 6 and unfortunately overweight, they still let her have when she is at their house and her parents give it to her at home every night as well.

I didn't say one thing because that is their business, but boy oh boy that is just too much! They said they(meaning grandparents as well as parents) have tried everything to get her off of the bottle.....Sometimes I think for some parents, it is just easier to give in....So unfortunate.......  

Esteemed Contributor

I can't see them going on TV, and basically complaining about how tired they are, if what they are doing is promoted by the church.  I assume any speaking out or complaining while a member is a no-no.

That actress on Big Bang is another one with strange ideas. Not sure if it'sher or another who said the child will decide when to stop nursing and if he's 6 that's okay.  Again their kid,but my own opinion is first grade is too old.

Honored Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2 wrote:

I can't see them going on TV, and basically complaining about how tired they are, if what they are doing is promoted by the church.  I assume any speaking out or complaining while a member is a no-no.

That actress on Big Bang is another one with strange ideas. Not sure if it'sher or another who said the child will decide when to stop nursing and if he's 6 that's okay.  Again their kid,but my own opinion is first grade is too old.

By your own admission in the OP you know nothing about Leah Remini or the Church of Scientology and in this post you are making assumptions that they are wrong. 

I wish you would ask to have this thread deleted because you'll never get her name out of the OP even if you edit it, and it's totally unfair to Leah Remini.

"That actress on Big Bang" is Mayim Bialik, who I already mentioned by name, and yes those are her beliefs.  Mayim Bialik -- third time I've said her name -- when raising her young was part of a movement, may still be, and allowing the children to decide when they're done nursing is part of it and you can google the rest.