Respected Contributor

@sissel wrote:

@aubnwa01  wonderful story and happy for this girl. She is smart and will enjoy a wonderful career. 

She's now 41 (I think) & married with 4 little boys.  She graduated from UCB in 2005 & was recruited by a law firm in NYC, where she & her husband lived for a year or so & then, they missed L.A. & she went to work for another firm in downtown LA for a couple of years & now with the SEC.  She's very intelligent & it makes me tired thinking of all she's done! A very ambitious lady!  Even though her husband has his law degree, they agreed she'd be the breadwinner & he'd take care of the kids & it seems to have worked well for them.  They bought a home a few years ago in the Silverlake area of LA.

Trusted Contributor

Harder to do this way and you need a good mentor to follow.  Best of luck to her.  She seems like she has the dedication and will to do it.   

I have seen younger people go to law school and take only activist classes and not the nitty gritty of research, precedents, and practice in courtroom arguments and dynamics.

So, I can see the advantage of working mentorship.   

Honored Contributor

She may be smart enough but no common sense!  If those that are lawyers studied and worked nonstop for years to pass the bar, I can't see where she will find the time for all that study and apprentice work!  All the selfies she takes alone take up most of her time!!!  Even though she doesn't have to do housework and really take care of her kids, she would have to quit the show and social media stuff as well as all her other ventures - can't see that happening.

Honored Contributor

It will be most helpful when her husband runs for public office

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

@sissel wrote:

Harvey Levin on TMZ even said he had to take it several times too. I would think you need to graduate college then go into law school, I know Kim never graduated college. So Kim needs college degree then law school but I do feel she will do something but not with a law degree. 

My first reaction (after I laughed out loud!) was doesn't one need to have a 4 year undergrad degree to get into law school?  It seems that there are a few states and CA is one of them where you don't!!  You can intern and learn by working at a law firm and study that way though it's very rare.

Honored Contributor

Re: Lawyer Kim Kardashian?

[ Edited ]

@Pook wrote:

She may be smart enough but no common sense!  If those that are lawyers studied and worked nonstop for years to pass the bar, I can't see where she will find the time for all that study and apprentice work!  All the selfies she takes alone take up most of her time!!!  Even though she doesn't have to do housework and really take care of her kids, she would have to quit the show and social media stuff as well as all her other ventures - can't see that happening.

My thoughts too!

Where will she find the time?  Everyone that I've known who became an attorney spent literally all of their time while awake studying and working towards becoming a lawyer!!  There is NO time for socializing let alone taking selfies and being a star . Maybe this mean we'll hardly see or hear from her for the next few years.....ha ha!

Here is a quote from her on working towards becoming a lawyer, “The reading is what really gets me,” she added. “It’s so time-consuming. The concepts I grasp in two seconds.”  REALLY?  

Honored Contributor

I give credit for Kim always keeping herself in the news.

That's all the credit I'm going to give her...

Honored Contributor

I read it's nothing more than a big P R stunt.

Respected Contributor

I've always thought that KK is one smart cookie.  Smart in street sense and marketing, certainly, but also book smart.  She has to be intelligent to have made it on basically nothing so far . . .  

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Honored Contributor

Learning about this...I never knew about a Read Only Lawyer.

And all this is based on Abraham Lincoln...who never attended

law school. Virginia, Vermont, California, Washington.

Interesting...

EAC11C65-455F-4ED8-9C76-58975E1F6773.jpeg