Honored Contributor

I don't know if I like the turn SVU has taken. I don't like the story line with Rollins. Her gambling and side line activities really are kind of low for the integrity of the officer she is suppose to represent. . I have lost all respect for her. Most of all it makes me really leery of law enforcement. If all the law officers bring that kind of trash to the uniform, who can you trust? She is so hard headed and low class, you wonder how she ever got past the police academy. Don't they vet officers? It just seems she gets away with too much, and her friends know what she is doing. Because they like her they give her slack? Or am I not getting it? JMHO

I guess first it was all the lying for her sister. Then lying for her friends. Then the drinking, drugs and gambling. I know she is suppose to play a relapsed gambler, but those around her are wise to it, but let it slide

What do you think?

Honored Contributor

Hahah. The whole team has personal problems. The only ones who seem honest are Finn and Olivia

Honored Contributor

I found Rollins episode a few weeks ago to be quite intense, had me on the edge of my seat. I sure hope she gets some help and ends this problem she has.

Honored Contributor

I don't think it's unrealistic for a reformed addict to slip - whatever the addiction. Amanda's problems in the past have been mentioned periodically since she arrived so I like that they did bring them to the forefront. Now that she has really sunk, I hope she begins to redeem herself. Looking back on earlier episodes from this season, Rollins was the only one who didn't want to blame the gay skating coach when he was set up to look like a pedophile. Olivia had just returned from her ordeal and she couldn't even consider that the guy could possibly be innocent. Rollns took that hard and I think that's when her recent descent began. I think if Cragen had still been around, it may not have gotten as far as it did.

"And suddenly you just know it's time to start something new
And trust the magic of Beginnings..."
Honored Contributor

Tigue, shellbelle

I totally agree on the relapse scenario, because this happens all the time. No matter who you are. I think what gets me is ever since she came she has been involved in some sort of illicit activities, like with her sister and a friend. She did relapsed once before on the show, but went to meetings. This is her 3rd relapse. I feel bad for her, what an addiction. Makes you think!

Tique, I think you nailed it on the head when you mentioned it might not have gotten this far if Cragen had been there. I miss him terribly. He was such a calm, and respected character. It must be hard for Olivia, the whole change in her life

However, last night I watched the last episode, and at the end Olivia did not mince words about how she felt about the whole thing.

I am also thinking what is going on with Danny Pino/Nick Amaro. He is just acting weird.

But I love the show. I miss Munch, he was a favorite of mine.

Honored Contributor

Shoekitty, I agree about the depatures of Cragen and Munch although they had been phasing Munch's character out for a while. Cragen's leaving came as a surprise to me; maybe it was inevitable but I just didn't want to face it.

Speaking of Danny, I was wondering the same thing about him. Does he have a thing for Amanda? Why is he telling Olivia that he and his ex are about to reconcile?

Will return after tonight's show.

"And suddenly you just know it's time to start something new
And trust the magic of Beginnings..."
Honored Contributor

Tique

Munch is suppose to return now and then. But I have seen him once I think. I think Danny is pulling into stalker mode. He has been strange for a long time. At one point he told everyone Maria was getting back together with him, but they weren't. I thought maybe she had found someone else? I may have my shows mixed up, but that is what I gathered from a show around December. I tend to DVR a few episodes, then watch them at once. I am thinking, could he be the next to leave?

Personally, I liked it better when they spent more time on murder, mystery and mayhem than personal stories.

Honored Contributor
On 4/2/2014 shoekitty said:

Personally, I liked it better when they spent more time on murder, mystery and mayhem than personal stories.

ITA! For some reason I don't like the character role Olivia has taken on, since she has been promoted and is now "in charge"!

Valued Contributor

I think that show has gone off the rails in over the top stories and acting. I stopped watching it. The story about the rapist who took Olivia hostage and now looks like he is going to escape from prison sometime in the future is so over the top that it is ridiculous. He should have been dead already, but they will keep bringing him back with more and more outrageous stories. I will put up with a certain amount of unbelievable story lines, but the ones on SVU are just too much for me now.

Honored Contributor

They have been on 15 years. I think Olivia's role changed a year ago, when she became romantically involved. She has changed physically, as this is 15 years later. But her personality has changed , even her voice...it is like she is another character?. I think the Olivia we all grew to love was highly active, involved in her job and a real fighter for victims rights. Her role has become one of leadership, and so she has to step back and let the "kids" duke it out! LOL! I imagine Mariska, the human being wants more time with her kids and husband and prefers it this way.

I really love Mariska Haggerty, as an actress and a person but not quite sure if I am liking the turn L&O SUV has taken. I know for some reason I don't care for Rollins, and haven't cared for Amaro's character for a long time. They both are sneaky with huge chips on their shoulder. But I watch. Who know where this show will go next.