Super Contributor
I think Rollins just represents police with problems like people in any job, but she sure has gotten away with a lot. The psycho rapist is back next week, I think he should be done with and gone. I miss Cragen too and Olivia has gotten pretty hard edged in her new position. Really, you hardly ever see her smile. All in all, it's still one of my favorite shows, but don't look forward to next week with the psycho back.
Trusted Contributor

Having a PO in my family and some as friends, I can truly say many different personalities become officers and the job often can make people fall into addictions. I don't condemn Amanda or Nick.

However, that being said, I feel like others have said, I just want to see the show as it used to be, without descending into personal issues. This seems to be the trend in many shows now and unfortunately, it garners many viewers according to the ratings of many shows that do this.

I liked the personal dynamics of the earlier crew and about the only one who hasn't changed is Finn. The rest have gone off the rails. I miss Cragen and for me, I took the show off my automatic playlist so I don't even care what happens any longer. I also noticed that the show hasn't been renewed yet, at least the last time I looked, which was Monday.

Honored Contributor

The show has evolved and now the only original character is Olivia. When Elliot left and Amanda and Nick arrived, it took me a long time to warm up to Amanda. I liked Nick from the beginning because I loved him on Cold Case.

I haven't seen Munch since the show when he retired.

I agree we are seeing too much of their personal lives. I specifically don't like Olivia's romance so I was hoping it would end last night. Elliot's family was featured quite a bit when he was still around. Truthfully, I was ready for him and them to leave. We've also seen episodes featuring Finn's son. Enjoyed those and hope they incorporate him into a storyline sometime before this season ends.

Not looking forward to Oliva's reunion with that psycho. Will not watch in real time so that I can FF past some of those scenes.

April is Autism Awareness/Acceptance month.
Honored Contributor

ITA, when I saw the previews for next week last night, I literally got sick.

Super Contributor
I LOVED Cold Case, although a lot of the stories were sad. I LOVE when they get people who thought they got away with it. Has anyone watched Cold Justice where the real life woman who Marg Helgenberger's CSI character was based on and a successful prosecutor go to small towns that don't have a lot of facilities and attempt to solve cold cases and often do. It's great.
Trusted Contributor

Tique, I was also ready for Elliot to leave and didn't miss him at all, he was too angry and volatile for me. I really like the episodes with Fin and the ones with his son. Cold Case was a great show and the guy that plays Nick is pretty much like he was on CC too.

I really enjoy the relationship Olivia has and it really does show that two people who are different can really love each other but it may still not be enough to sustain them. I won't be watching for the remaining of the year because I don't like the whole dynamic with that psycho killer at all. They need to end that and get back on track!

Honored Contributor

FlowershopGirl, I've been thinking about what you wrote about Olivia's relationship since I read it a couple of days ago. At first I didn't trust him and I thought he had an agenda. Last week I was watching the two of them and thought they have nothing in common but their jobs but maybe that's not a bad thing.

On another note, I was watching Chicago Fire tonight and they showed that preview of tomorrow's show. I hope that by the time it ends, that man is dead. It feels like their encounters have gone on long enough. Time to end it!

Super Contributor
I never watched the program with Olivia and that psycho, and I won't be watching tonight's episode either. I too hope that tonight is the last time he's on the show!
Honored Contributor

I ended up seeing the last 1/2 hr tonight. Not worth it to watch the first 1/2 hr. Won't say more in case some of you haven't watched.

Trusted Contributor

So glad I watched it last night... the ending was great!