Honored Contributor

@VanSleepy wrote:

Chris Noth was on Criminal Intent, not SVU :-) 

@VanSleepy. Yup.

Valued Contributor

Chris Noth was on the original L&O series with George Dzungia as his partner, George's character was killed off. Chris Noth's character left in disgrace a few seasons later.  He returned in a movie about redemption where one of the detectives was found to be a dirty cop, I think it was Profacci.  He then went on to replace Vincent DiNofrio in L&O Criminal Intent.

Helen852
Respected Contributor

@Mz iMac wrote:

@proudlyfromNJ

"I almost like the first set of people better."

I agree...

The original L&O cast of characters (before Jack McCoy) were the best and cannot be beat.

I must disagree.  Lennie Briscoe and Rey Curtis were the best combination and Jack McCoy was the best DA.

Max GreeveyGeorge DzundzaSenior Detective (Sergeant)Main 
Mike LoganChris NothJunior DetectiveMain 
Donald CragenDann FlorekCaptainMain Guest Guest Guest 
Ben StoneMichael MoriartyExecutive Assistant District AttorneyMain 
Paul RobinetteRichard BrooksAssistant District AttorneyMain Guest Guest 
Adam SchiffSteven HillDistrict AttorneyMain 
Phil CerretaPaul SorvinoSenior Detective (Sergeant) Main 
Elizabeth OlivetCarolyn McCormickPsychologist GuestAlso StarringGuest Guest Guest
Lennie BriscoeJerry OrbachSenior Detective Main 
Anita Van BurenS. Epatha MerkersonLieutenant Main
Claire KincaidJill HennessyAssistant District Attorney Main 
Jack McCoySam WaterstonExecutive Assistant District Attorney,
District Attorney
 Main
Rey CurtisBenjamin BrattJunior Detective Main Guest
Jamie RossCarey LowellAssistant District Attorney Main Guest 
Abbie CarmichaelAngie HarmonAssistant District Attorney Main 
Ed GreenJesse L. MartinJunior Detective,
Senior Detective
 Main 
Nora LewinDianne WiestInterim District Attorney Main 
Serena SoutherlynElisabeth RöhmAssistant District Attorney Main 
Arthur BranchFred ThompsonDistrict Attorney Main 
Joe FontanaDennis FarinaSenior Detective Main 
Nick FalcoMichael ImperioliJunior Detective MainGuest 
Alexandra BorgiaAnnie ParisseAssistant District Attorney Main 
Nina CassadyMilena GovichJunior Detective Main 
Connie RubirosaAlana de la GarzaAssistant District Attorney Main
Cyrus LupoJeremy SistoJunior Detective,
Senior Detective
 Main
Michael CutterLinus RoacheExecutive Assistant District Attorney Main
Kevin BernardAnthony AndersonJunior Detective Main
Honored Contributor

Wow, so many cast members.

I remember S. Epatha Merkerson played a guest shot in a very early episode before she became Van Buren.   

Michael Cutter was my favorite ADA.   Super actor and he's British.  So handsome.

Most of the actors were based in NYC.   There may be one actor playing a bartender in an episode and a homeless guy in another.    it's fun to go back and find guests who are now very popular actors.   

When Rudy Guiliani was Mayor, his wife Donna Hanover had a somewhat recurring role as a judge.

Tovah Feldshuh is a very successful Broadway star who often played a defense attorney and really ran ragged over McCoy more than once.

If you are a Walking Dead fan like me, you may have seen Michael Rooker, Michael Cudlitz, Danai Gurira and Jeffery DeMunn in guest roles prior to TWD.  Lauren Cohan played a great part in an episode of SVU

@muttmom

Honored Contributor

I've seen the show over and over so many times.  I like to recognize people who are now well known stars.

It's the same thing when I watch ER.  The other day I saw Wayne Brady on there.  He had to be every bit of maybe 20 or 21 years old.  They are all so young.  Makes you realize how long so many of these stars have been around paying their dues, so to speak.

ER and Law and Order are good shows because they are gritty and show the towns and the people and don't try to make them fancy and beautiful.  They look like real people, some with zits and crooked teeth...Ha!

Honored Contributor

@software wrote:

Wow, so many cast members.

I remember S. Epatha Merkerson played a guest shot in a very early episode before she became Van Buren.   

Michael Cutter was my favorite ADA.   Super actor and he's British.  So handsome.

Most of the actors were based in NYC.   There may be one actor playing a bartender in an episode and a homeless guy in another.    it's fun to go back and find guests who are now very popular actors.   

When Rudy Guiliani was Mayor, his wife Donna Hanover had a somewhat recurring role as a judge.

Tovah Feldshuh is a very successful Broadway star who often played a defense attorney and really ran ragged over McCoy more than once.

If you are a Walking Dead fan like me, you may have seen Michael Rooker, Michael Cudlitz, Danai Gurira and Jeffery DeMunn in guest roles prior to TWD.  Lauren Cohan played a great part in an episode of SVU

@muttmom

@software GET OUT . . . I had absolutely zero idea that the actor that played Michael Cutter was British . . . talk about gobsmacked! . . . Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

My favorite part of this show was that there were no personal stories. They did a really good job of giving characters back stories without making them a huge deal. Anyone could pick up watching and they wouldn't be lost,

I actually disliked yhe stories about Rey cheating. Loved Jerry Orbach and Jesse L Martin. I saw Jesse Martin in person once and he was even more gorgeous than i expected. Heart

Honored Contributor

@pigletsmom wrote:

My favorite part of this show was that there were no personal stories. They did a really good job of giving characters back stories without making them a huge deal. Anyone could pick up watching and they wouldn't be lost,

I actually disliked yhe stories about Rey cheating. Loved Jerry Orbach and Jesse L Martin. I saw Jesse Martin in person once and he was even more gorgeous than i expected. Heart

The show would lose me a bit when the story line would veer off on personal drama.   But in some cases it was to come full circle like in the case of Lenny's daughter.  

Valued Contributor

I watched Law and Order from the very beginning to the very end. Some seasons and characters were better than others, but still a great show!  I miss it and still watch the reruns.

I love my family, my fur boys, my Jayhawks and accounting!
Honored Contributor

In an early episode, Julie Roberts played a high class call girl.  Her clients were politicians.  Her fee-$2k/night.  This was years before her Pretty Woman movie playing a street hooker. Smiley LOL

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif