Honored Contributor

Lenny & Munch worked together on at least one case.

Munch worked in Baltimore and one of Lenny's cases had a Baltimore connection.

Regular Contributor

First time around?  The episodes on now are more like the 32nd time around.  But I still watch them even though I know what's going to happen and have seen every episode 12 times and can recite the dialogue...lol   The shows were procedural dramas and there were no soap opera components with the starts get naked and jumping in and out of bed with each other.  There was a backstory for the characters in all the L&O shows but that's about it.

Regular Contributor

@VaBelle35 wrote:

Wasn't there also a season or 2 with Fred Thompson as DA?  I never see those in re-runs either.

A few seasons and the shows are on all the time.

Honored Contributor

@Natasha218 You and me both!  I've set up my DVR so every time they show one (usually 2 are running on different stations at same time), it comes up on my TV screen and wants to know if I want to change over to that channel!  Ha!

I'm kinda about to go crazy because it's gotten totally out of control.

I looked at the DVR recordings and it had something like 76 on it just for Law and Order.....ER was 80 something!  I had to go along and delete a good amount of both!  They were repeats of the repeats and so on!  Ha!

Different show but similar.  Last night I was watching old CSI's I'd copied and they were among the first one's.  It's so funny to see how young looking some of these people were.

Honored Contributor

Jack McCoy was not the original ADA when L&O first aired.  It was Paul Robinette & Ben Stone.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

@Mz iMac wrote:

Jack McCoy was not the original ADA when L&O first aired.  It was Paul Robinette & Ben Stone.

@Mz iMac. Yes, it's all there on Wikipedia listing every episode and who was in them. From the ADA to the detectives. Chris Noth was there from the beginning and had Paul Sorvino as his second partner. Whole different set of people than when Sam Waterston and Lenny and company took over. I almost like the first set of people better.

Honored Contributor

And in the pilot the DA was Roy Thinnes.

Honored Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ

"I almost like the first set of people better."

I agree...

The original L&O cast of characters (before Jack McCoy) were the best and cannot be beat.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@hyacinth003 wrote:

I like the show and their sometimes ethical dilemmas.

Sometimes it's scary, though, how they will go after someone with obscure ideas to get them on trial.

I know it's fiction, but I wouldn't like it in real life sometimes!

The Lenny Briscoe partner I was referring to is the actor who played on Sex and the City also.

Hyacinth

@hyacinth003. Chris Noth.  If you're interested, Wikipedia has the whole scoop on L&O from season one, listing all characters. The ones you are watching are not the series from the beginning. Chris Noth was an original from the beginning, but Lennie was not.

@proudlyfromNJ  Chris Noth went on to several seasons on SVU.

Respected Contributor

Chris Noth was on Criminal Intent, not SVU :-)