Esteemed Contributor

Re: Law & Order SVU renewed 3 more seasons

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@mspatmac wrote:

I still watch but if Fin goes, so do I.

@mspatmac  Fin and Munch were the only good things about the show.

I loved Munch too @proudlyfromNJ Thought Munch and Fin were great partners.

Trusted Contributor

I still watch. I like Fin, Carissi, and the new detective Cat. I get tired of the Olivia and Amanda storylines. Espeically when it involves Amanda's family.

I will keep watching.

Esteemed Contributor

@pigletsmom wrote:

How many more horrible things could they possibly put Olivia through? 

I hope they back away from the Olivia focus.  I think the Tucker romance/death, Noah drama, brother drama, and that serial killer have been more than enough.  

Esteemed Contributor

@Tique wrote:

@tansy wrote:

My favorite seasons were probably the ones with Jerry Orbach, @wildcat fan.

@tansy  Jerry Orbach was not on SVU.

Actually, I remember Orbach was in a few episodes of SVU early on.  He was also in a few episodes of Homicide:  Life on the Streets (Munch--one of my favorite characters--was also on that show).  

Can you believe I've never seen the other Law & Order shows?  Now that I've caught up on SVU and Blue Bloods, I'm going to look into streaming Law & Order.  I've read that NBC is launching a streaming service called Peacock in July that will include all the L & O shows. 

Esteemed Contributor

@mspatmac wrote:

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@mspatmac wrote:

I still watch but if Fin goes, so do I.

@mspatmac  Fin and Munch were the only good things about the show.

I loved Munch too @proudlyfromNJ Thought Munch and Fin were great partners.

Munch & Fin are my favorite characters ❤️

Esteemed Contributor

@lenapecci wrote:

I still watch. I like Fin, Carissi, and the new detective Cat. I get tired of the Olivia and Amanda storylines. Espeically when it involves Amanda's family.

I will keep watching.

I don't mind the scenes with Amanda's daughters, but the episodes with her sister and parents are on my least favorite list.  

I'd like to see more of Fin and Carissi as the seasons unfold, but I'm okay with them not doing too much with Carissi because I want him to stay and the characters in that role tend to leave after bad experiences.

Honored Contributor

@wildcat fan wrote:

Actually, I remember Orbach was in a few episodes of SVU early on.  He was also in a few episodes of Homicide:  Life on the Streets (Munch--one of my favorite characters--was also on that show).  

Can you believe I've never seen the other Law & Order shows?  Now that I've caught up on SVU and Blue Bloods, I'm going to look into streaming Law & Order.  I've read that NBC is launching a streaming service called Peacock in July that will include all the L & O shows. 

@wildcat fan   you are correct. Mr. Orbach was on three episodes according to his Wikipedia page. I was thinking he was never a part of the SVU squad as that number of episodes seems to indicate he was a guest. My apologies @tansy

@wildcat fan  I didn't answer your question in your OP. I think I did see it coming. In the current L&O SVU thread we have been discussing how this season the show has really "upped" it's game. Hope it continues with that same quality.

"And suddenly you just know it's time to start something new
And trust the magic of Beginnings..."
Trusted Contributor

@wildcat fan wrote:

@Tique wrote:

@tansy wrote:

My favorite seasons were probably the ones with Jerry Orbach, @wildcat fan.

@tansy  Jerry Orbach was not on SVU.

We TV runs the old Law and Order and does a marathon on Sundays. If you can see the early shows they are great! Even before Jerry Orback got there.The first season with George Dzundza was awesome and the next two with Paul Sorvino too. I would have loved if those two actually worked together.

I didn't like the Benjamin Bratt years. I think they got too into the personal stuff then. After Jesse L Martin ( who is even better looking in real life) left they just didn't have good casting and a trailed off. Really once Orbach left it was never the same.

Honored Contributor

Maybe it's just me, probably is, but I never ever liked Nick Amaro. Didn't like his personality or the way he interacted with the rest of the squad.

Watch a repeat the other day in which a married and secretly gay man was assaulted and Amaro's attitude was that it was the victim's fault for being married and gay.

I was very glad when he left.

Esteemed Contributor

I stopped watching SVU years ago. The plots became so disturbing that I decided I didn't need all that aggravation.