Honored Contributor

Re: Law & Order SVU renewed 3 more seasons

@Tique wrote:

@tansy wrote:

My favorite seasons were probably the ones with Jerry Orbach, @wildcat fan.

@tansy  Jerry Orbach was not on SVU.

I guess you are technically correct, @Tique.  I lump all of the L&O shows together.

Honored Contributor

What female cop goes to work with hairdos like Olivia, hair always falling into her face, annoying, and if her voice becomes any deeper, I won't be able to hear her.  Olivia seems worn out.

I do watch SVU on ION and USA, or have it on while working around the house, and sometmes watch it during the weekly episodes, but they will be rerun also.

Respected Contributor

It remains a popular series.  I'll keep watching. I love to see which famous actors and actresses will appear in each episode.  

I like Olivia Benson's character, but get tired of her whiny son Noah!  He should be thankful for all she does for him!

Respected Contributor

@mousiegirl wrote:

What female cop goes to work with hairdos like Olivia, hair always falling into her face, annoying, and if her voice becomes any deeper, I won't be able to hear her.  Olivia seems worn out.

I do watch SVU on ION and USA, or have it on while working around the house, and sometmes watch it during the weekly episodes, but they will be rerun also.

I'm not sure why you think that a female police officer would not have hair like Olivia but OK.  And like many people, the actor's voice has gotten deeper with age. 

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Esteemed Contributor

@Love my grandkids wrote:

Maybe it's just me, probably is, but I never ever liked Nick Amaro. Didn't like his personality or the way he interacted with the rest of the squad.

Watch a repeat the other day in which a married and secretly gay man was assaulted and Amaro's attitude was that it was the victim's fault for being married and gay.

I was very glad when he left.

I was glad to see Amaro go too.  Didn't care for him as a romantic partner to Rollins or his storyline about his unknown child with the sister of the drug dealer.  He got really angry there at the end, yet in some way I felt bad for him when Olivia told him he'd never get promoted.  

Esteemed Contributor

@jpie wrote:

It remains a popular series.  I'll keep watching. I love to see which famous actors and actresses will appear in each episode.  

I like Olivia Benson's character, but get tired of her whiny son Noah!  He should be thankful for all she does for him!

I wish Brooke Shields (Noah's grandma) could have gotten custody of him.  

Honored Contributor

I love Law and Order SVU, But my favorite was when it was Stabler,Fin, Munch, and the bald guy-jeeze can't think of his name and Amanda and of course Olivia...The newer seasons are still good, but I loved Stabler..... 

Trusted Contributor

I liked Stabler but I felt like he got weird and unstable and he creeped me out a bit by the end.

I guess I just got tired of everyone seeming to be in a non-stop crisis. And I feel like Olivia would have been moved to a different area by now considering all that she's been through.

Last I watched they seemed to be subtly trying to point out she was drinking a lot. Did they ever go anywhere with that? What I saw wasn't directly mentioning it but camera wise they were making it a focus.

Honored Contributor

I haven't watched L&OSVU in so long and I honestly didn't even know it has new episodes. Thought they were all reruns.

Honored Contributor

I agree about Olivia's drinking @pigletsmom .  I hope they don't go that way but think they will.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau