Esteemed Contributor

Law & Order SVU renewed 3 more seasons

I just saw where the show has been renewed for seasons 22, 23, and 24.

Wow!

Did you see that coming?  

Screen Shot 2020-03-06 at 7.52.22 PM.png

Honored Contributor

Re: Law & Order SVU renewed 3 more seasons

No, not at all.  I would have figured that the show had run its course.  I watch L&O marathons many weekends.

Esteemed Contributor

@tansy wrote:

No, not at all.  I would have figured that the show had run its course.  I watch L&O marathons many weekends.

I just started watching the show last year.  (I streamed all the previous seasons on Hulu.)  I think it lost a lot with the departures of Stabler and Barba.  

Since this season began, I've been saying that this has to be the last one.  It just doesn't hold my interest like previous seasons, but I keep watching.  Now that they know they have 3 more seasons, hopefully they'll come up with some interesting storylines.  

Trusted Contributor

How many more horrible things could they possibly put Olivia through? 

Honored Contributor

@wildcat fan wrote:

@tansy wrote:

I just started watching the show last year.  (I streamed all the previous seasons on Hulu.)  I think it lost a lot with the departures of Stabler and Barba.  

Since this season began, I've been saying that this has to be the last one.  It just doesn't hold my interest like previous seasons, but I keep watching.  Now that they know they have 3 more seasons, hopefully they'll come up with some interesting storylines.  

My favorite seasons were probably the ones with Jerry Orbach, @wildcat fan.

Honored Contributor

I still watch "The Life and Times and Perils of Olivia Benson" LOL. But I'll keep watching.

I hope Amanda is done having babies with guys who make no permanent committment! It's so obvious that Carisi is crazy about her, how blind can she be??

It lost a lot when they wouldn't raise Chris Meloni's salary to keep him. There is NO character like Stabler!

And I actually cried a bit in the episode where Raul Esparza left. He added so much and no one has come up to him.

I loved Carisi in the squad room, not so much as an ADA, though he's still finding his way in that position.

I also DVR tons of the old L&O reruns. Don't really care for the old ones with Chris Noth, love Jerry Ohrbach and Jesse Martin and Benjamin Bratt.

Honored Contributor

This is the only Law and Order I don’t like. Olivia gets on my nerves.

Honored Contributor

@tansy wrote:

My favorite seasons were probably the ones with Jerry Orbach, @wildcat fan.

@tansy  Jerry Orbach was not on SVU.

~~~"Patience is the power to do nothing when doing something won't do anything but make everything worse"~~~
Esteemed Contributor

I still watch but if Fin goes, so do I.

Honored Contributor

@mspatmac wrote:

I still watch but if Fin goes, so do I.

@mspatmac  Fin and Munch were the only good things about the show.