Honored Contributor

Re: Law & Order SVU Season Finale!

See, I remember Bill Irwin from the movie Rachel Getting Married, from 2009, I believe. It was so good and very different. He played such a lovable, sweet father on that show, and that is what I remember about him. Shows what a versatile actor he is!!!!

Trusted Contributor

@CANDLEQUEEN wrote:

See, I remember Bill Irwin from the movie Rachel Getting Married, from 2009, I believe. It was so good and very different. He played such a lovable, sweet father on that show, and that is what I remember about him. Shows what a versatile actor he is!!!!

Bill Irwin is also a clown, and plays the character Mr. Noodle, in the Elmo's World segment of Sesame Street. 

4B88C2C9-5D0C-4921-833C-49C922673CD7.jpeg

“The fear of becoming old is born of the recognition that one is not living now the life that one wishes. It is equivalent to a sense of abusing the present.” Susan Sontag
Trusted Contributor

I lost track of this show because it became way too much about Liv and not the stories. I loved the original Law and Order because they didn't get into that. Especially since they were still able to evoke tears from me when Schiff's wife died and we never even met her. That's great writing.

That being said I had no idea Liv hooked up with Barba but of course they went there. I actually liked her with Cassidy and I thought the Tucker pairing was good but they should avoid any boyfriend with her. She's obviously more concerned about her job and at her age she should maybe notice she's made a choice. Just leave her character happy with the way things are.

Honored Contributor

I expected to see Olivia at Elliot's ceremony for his award and was disappointed she wasn't present. 

Honored Contributor

Thanks for answering, now I can sleep at night.  I don't know if I missed an episode or anwered a phone call at a key time or what.  I guess it is a credit to Dylan McDermott's acting ability, but I positively was creeped out by Wheatley.  Probably wouldn't have stuck with the show if it continued with him.  Now I don't worry about that, and I'm slowly easing into his role replacing Jess.  

Honored Contributor

I gave up on Org Crfime due to Wheatley, way too violent for me!!! I read his ex wife Angela was also in the car with him and she deliberately caused the accident due to finding out he killed their son. 

Regular Contributor

@depglass wrote:

I'd be open to a romance with Barba, not with Stabler.  He also betrayed her by walking off the job years ago and didn't even tell her.  Didn't Barba leave the show to do Shakespeare?  I'm glad he's back.  Obviously they don't want to dislodge Carisi, who is doing a great job as assistant DA.  I'm very happy with the characters and the plots.  Now a word about Bill Irwin.  He played a horrible criminal monster on some show or other and I can't get that out of my head.  I tried to focus in on him when he was showing compassion to Olivia in her session.  Overall, this is my top long running show on television.  

Bill Irwin DID play a serial killer, maybe on Criminal Minds which made his role more intense.  I'll never forget his scary eyes and that voice.  Hard to watch him in this role.  

Honored Contributor

Barba did leave the show to return to his theater roots, singer and actor on Broadway.