Trusted Contributor

Re: Law & Order: Organized Crime

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

I was pleasantly surprised to see Stabler’s daughter older from when he was on L&O/SVU.

I recognized her immediately.  I like it when the writers take the time to put things like that into a show.

I’m like the rest of you with this show.

My first thought was ‘How are they going to keep a show going without repetition?’  I just don’t think of that many groups in New York that I’d think of as organized to the point of where they are making a large difference (crime-wise) that they need to have a show all about dismantling it.

Let’s see?.here’s an example of what I think of this show.  Usually, I’ll tape a show and watch it within a day or two.  But with this show, I just finished watching it ...but only because I’ve finished watching all of my other DVR’d shows.

I’m a big fan of his and I feel sad about it, but I don’t think it’s going to last.😩

Regular Law & Order started doing episodes on the Russian mob and maybe others and I thought they were some of the worst episodes. Maybe because they were all too close together or they got too into the weeds.

I haven't even attempted to watch this show. Stabler had started to annoy me by the time he left. His anger issues were bad enough but he gave off a little creep factor to me that I hated. 

Honored Contributor

I watched the first two Organized Crime episodes back to back .... but haven't read all the posts here yet.   

I really like Dylan McDermott and think this is a great character for him ......  does anyone know the name of the actor who played his father?   He's sooooo familiar. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

I watched the first two Organized Crime episodes back to back .... but haven't read all the posts here yet.   

I really like Dylan McDermott and think this is a great character for him ......  does anyone know the name of the actor who played his father?   He's sooooo familiar. 

Chazz Palminteri played his father.

Honored Contributor

Saw Dylan on The Talk this past week. He said he was raised in NYC and his father owned a bar, he worked there and lots of his customers were in a less than stellar crowd. Said he remembers lots of these types of characters, and the role is a nice challenge for him, but a character he can relate to. He will be on a total of 8 episodes. 

I loved him last year in Hollywood on Netflix. 

Respected Contributor

They say "you can't go home again" and this series is proof of that.

Honored Contributor

Jayne would be so proud of Mariska, she turned out to be a fine actress, with a wonderful family and values. Mariska was only 3 when Jayne died at 34 in a car accident. 

Honored Contributor

@Othereeeen wrote:

How did ****** Wolf get away with lifting, almost in it's entirety, the ferris wheel scene from "The Third Man"?

Where the gondola stops on the top of the Ferris wheel, the characters talk about the people below as tiny little ants, and the premise of that movie was selling doctored penicillin to the Marines that caused deaths of soldiers, and this L+O used fake PPE as the premise?

Did anyone else notice this?

Does Wolf think most viewers are too young to know about "the third man"?

About both shows on Thursday night....too corny and too political.

And I agree that the "olivia' character needs a makeover. Even the actress is always pulling that droopy hair out of her face.....and her constant smusshed up expression...nope.

Don't get me wrong....I watch the OLD L+O reruns from 1990 on to the current ones...and L+O Criminal Intent...they are still entertaining after all these years, and about all I care to watch in the middle of the night when I can't sleep!!!

A few weeks ago they had a new episode with Annabella Sciorra ( she was Tony's girlfriend in the Sopranos and Chris Noth's partner on L+O Criminal Intent in about 2005)....She did NOT age well, and her performance was wooden at best....I was shocked at her appearance. 

Meloni? I hope it was makeup.. but to me, he looked like he may be into heavy drinking in some shots. 

We know where the story line is going. L+O has had a long run, Eliot and Olivia get together, and that's it. After all.....in real life, she would be retired by now.

Of course, it'll be dragged out for 26 weeks!!!!

@Othereeeen 

Well, I'm not "too young" but have no idea what you're referring to .... was that a L&O episode ... or a movie .... or what?

Honored Contributor

I guess I am in the minority, I am still really enjoying this series......

Esteemed Contributor

Last night I watched episodes 2 and 3 and I think maybe I'm finished with this.  Elliot is always frowning and everything is just so dark.  Just too much of a downer for me.

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Honored Contributor

@CANDLEQUEEN   Not quite.  The only scenes I enjoy watching are the ones w/Richard Wheatly, wify #1 & 2, & his children.

The scenes w/Stabler, Benson & his family are bored-expression-smiley-emoticon.gif to the point I zone out. blink.gif

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif