Trusted Contributor

Re: Law & Order: Organized Crime

I watched it but wasn't that enthused with it. Kinda disappointed.  I was hoping to see more action in the show.  I will give it 2 more shows to see if it impresses me more. If not, I'm done with his new show. 

Honored Contributor

I watched both shows.  I thought it was OK.

I’ve seen worse and I’ve seen better.

I don’t see much anymore about organized crime.  I thought the subject matter was limited.

I have the DVR set to record all of them because I go overboard on everything😬

Jury is still out on what I really think about it.

Honored Contributor

Is Dylan McDermott going to be a regular on this show, he and his wife situation kind of confused me.  She told Stabler her hubby died in 1997. 

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

NBC is re-running both episodes of the SVU return-of-Stabler tonight at 8 PM and 9 PM.

I couldn't get into them Thursday but I'll try again tonite.

Esteemed Contributor

@software wrote:

I haven't watched SVU in years, I find the story lines disturbing.

But out of curiosity (when will I ever learn?)  I started watching & became annoyed at the not so subtle political references around the bomber.    In other words, if you have a similar  frame of mind, you are a murderer too.    Not true for either side of the spectrum. I think I lasted 5 minutes.

@software Yes....That is when I turned off the show.

Respected Contributor

How did ****** Wolf get away with lifting, almost in it's entirety, the ferris wheel scene from "The Third Man"?

Where the gondola stops on the top of the Ferris wheel, the characters talk about the people below as tiny little ants, and the premise of that movie was selling doctored penicillin to the Marines that caused deaths of soldiers, and this L+O used fake PPE as the premise?

Did anyone else notice this?

Does Wolf think most viewers are too young to know about "the third man"?

About both shows on Thursday night....too corny and too political.

And I agree that the "olivia' character needs a makeover. Even the actress is always pulling that droopy hair out of her face.....and her constant smusshed up expression...nope.

Don't get me wrong....I watch the OLD L+O reruns from 1990 on to the current ones...and L+O Criminal Intent...they are still entertaining after all these years, and about all I care to watch in the middle of the night when I can't sleep!!!

A few weeks ago they had a new episode with Annabella Sciorra ( she was Tony's girlfriend in the Sopranos and Chris Noth's partner on L+O Criminal Intent in about 2005)....She did NOT age well, and her performance was wooden at best....I was shocked at her appearance. 

Meloni? I hope it was makeup.. but to me, he looked like he may be into heavy drinking in some shots. 

We know where the story line is going. L+O has had a long run, Eliot and Olivia get together, and that's it. After all.....in real life, she would be retired by now.

Of course, it'll be dragged out for 26 weeks!!!!

Honored Contributor

@Othereeeen   I did not like Annabella Sciorra in Law & Order Criminal Intent.  I think The Hand That Rocks the Cradle was her best performance, but am sure I havn't seen any other than the above.

I still watch Law & Order SVU reruns all the time, never gets old, for me.

Regular Contributor

[ Edited ]

It was great!  Chris Meloni did a fabulous job.  He made me cry......really knows how to get into the part.  Definitely knows how to deliver a scene.  I'm so glad he's back.  

Regular Contributor

So let's talk Olivia.....she never looks put together to me sorta frumpy.  I wish she would do something with that totally awful hairstyle.  Might look more professional and attractive with the style she has on the show opener.  Just because she's in charge doesn't mean she can't look good doing it.  

Honored Contributor

I cant wait to hear what his letter to her said.