Respected Contributor

Re: Law & Order: Organized Crime

My husband and I stopped watching L&O long ago just catching one occasionally . We loved the first several seasons. We found it too intense mostly and there is enough of that in the news. 

DH saw this advertised and thought it may be good. he seldom is interested in television shows We watched both and stayed awake Smiley Happy ) I doubt that we will be regular viewers though. I think it is a bad idea to be back to back. Too much. 

I never have liked 'godfather ' type media . I do not like the way it glorifies the evil side of life -- and family (?) - hilarious word to use. 

I know this is supposed to be a gritty looking series but a hairdresser on set would be nice for Miriska's (sp?) & the blond character's hair IMO. They are both very pretty , but even detectives comb their hair now and then. Eh- I probably would not have noticed if i were more involved in the story.

Honored Contributor

I must have blinked too fast when I use to watch L&O SVU.  I got confused by.........

Spoiler

Olivia running around like she wanted to re-connect w/an old lover after being scorned.  She had that "I want you badly" look on her face throughout SVU.

As far as I remember, Olivia's & Stabler's relationship remained "professional" & never crossed the line. 

Did I miss a few old episodes that Stabler was a "secret" lover that Olivia wish she had?  confused.gif

Really??? rolleyes.gif

Spoiler
Stabler has anger issues still after 10 yrs?  confused.gif

I'll give the new L&O one more episode to redeem itself.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

@Mz iMac  I agree with your spoilers.

I'm not giving the shows another try.

Honored Contributor

I haven't watched SVU in years, I find the story lines disturbing.

But out of curiosity (when will I ever learn?)  I started watching & became annoyed at the not so subtle political references around the bomber.    In other words, if you have a similar  frame of mind, you are a murderer too.    Not true for either side of the spectrum. I think I lasted 5 minutes.

Esteemed Contributor

@violann 

@violann wrote:

I fell asleep about 20 minutes in, and when I woke up there were a who,e bunch of confusing and (for me) unidentifiable characters who were lurking around snarling at each other, so I went to sleep.

I am hoping that Chris Meloni has been treated in this new role to purposefully look wizened and overly hardened and sort of harsh because I didn't care for that at all, and the earlier scene in which he seemed to reveal his former persona didn't make me want to know more.

BY THE WAY, who will be willing to assume responsibility for OLIVIA's hair and makeup?

I fell asleep about same time. So far agree with you. 

Honored Contributor

@tobes wrote:

@Anonymous032819 I watched about 15 minutes of it, then tuned out.  I did not care for the premise and tone of the program  The older versions are better for me.  

@tobes 

DITTO!  After 15 minutes of it, I turned it off & wen to bed.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Honored Contributor

@Anonymous032819 wrote:

Did anybody watch this? What were your impressions?

It was good to see Stabler again.

I'm not going to give any part of the storyline away, but there were moments where I cried.

THIS thread is the FIRST TIME since I've been posting here that I've EVER given a "heart" to every poster, because, no matter WHAT you've written, I AGREE WITH EVERY ONE OF YOU. 

Respected Contributor

@Mz iMac wrote:

I must have blinked too fast when I use to watch L&O SVU.  I got confused by.........

Spoiler

Olivia running around like she wanted to re-connect w/an old lover after being scorned.  She had that "I want you badly" look on her face throughout SVU.

As far as I remember, Olivia's & Stabler's relationship remained "professional" & never crossed the line. 

Did I miss a few old episodes that Stabler was a "secret" lover that Olivia wish she had? 

They were never lovers, or wannabe lovers, secret or otherwise. What I saw on Olivia's face was an expression of grief and love for a devastating loss.

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Honored Contributor

I didn't care for the Organized Crime premier with Stabler, like SVU much better, so will not watch his new show.

Apparently Stabler, at one time, and still, had an interest in Olivia, wonder if she will reveal what was in the letter, though I can imagine as he hinted enough.

Honored Contributor

@violann wrote:

I fell asleep about 20 minutes in, and when I woke up there were a who,e bunch of confusing and (for me) unidentifiable characters who were lurking around snarling at each other, so I went to sleep.

I am hoping that Chris Meloni has been treated in this new role to purposefully look wizened and overly hardened and sort of harsh because I didn't care for that at all, and the earlier scene in which he seemed to reveal his former persona didn't make me want to know more.

BY THE WAY, who will be willing to assume responsibility for OLIVIA's hair and makeup?

@violann   LOL, I agree about Olivia's hair.  What cop walks around with her hair in her face, too long for her aging face, some look good, but I don't think she does.  She, as a Captain, should at least tie her hair back, if not cut it.

I did not like the new Stabler show.