Honored Contributor

Laverne and Shirley Mini Marathon

Today July 17 on ME TV, noon to 5 ET

Trusted Contributor

Re: Laverne and Shirley Mini Marathon

Saw a portion today was was immediately looking at the large L on Laverne's sweater. It was a good memory.

Esteemed Contributor

I watched quite a bit of it.  They are so funny and I always liked that show.  So much comedy and clean comedy, too!

Honored Contributor

I am sorry I missed it.

Trusted Contributor

I'm 50... and i grew up watching happy days, laverne and shirly, three's company.. and i wont even mention the brady bunch, i saw everyone one of  their episodes at least 3 times... i love watching the old tv shows... they dont make shows like they use to thats for sure. the old tv shows are the best!!!  omg i just thought of the facts of life, one day at a time... alice... i watched alot of tv when i was little  lol

Respected Contributor

One of my all time favorite shows. Two of the best books I have ever read were Penny Marshall and Gary Marshall's biographies. Lots of inner circle stories about the shows and movies they did. Two exceptional human beings that showed in their lifes work.
Honored Contributor

I didn't see it either but this show was one of the best.

Penny Marshall actually did drink milk and Pepsi in real life, stemming from her mom making her drink all her milk before she could have a soda.  She would top off the last of her milk with soda.

A bit of trivia..

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Oh my, was there anyone more annoying than Lenny and Squiggy - especially Squiggy.

Honored Contributor

My fave episode was when Laverne fell in love with a fireman, played by an unknown Ted Danson and then he was killed in a fire. 

Respected Contributor

Always enjoyed this show and had many laughs.  Unfortunately, we no longer get this channel.

One of my favorite episodes is when they volunteered to participate in some "experiments" in order to earn money to attend an event at a fancy hotel.  Hilarious!  I think of Shirley whenever I see a Ritz cracker!!!!