Honored Contributor

Has anyone watched this? It is on CNN and excellent. Weekends around 9 or 10 PM.

Honored Contributor

Sorry,EST time.

Esteemed Contributor

@Group 5 minus 1  I have been watching it. I absolutely loved Johnny Carson. I went to 2 tapings of his show when I was vacationing in California during my college days.He was also very gracious to the audience during commercial breaks.

I also became a big Jay Leno fan & had the pleasure of attending a taping of his show a couple of years before he retired. He also engaged with the audience during commercials breaks.  My family & I  attended his comedy show in Vegas & had the pleasure of meeting him outside the theater as he arrived for the show. He was very down to earth & took the time to talk to my then teenage son.

After Leno left late night I lost interest.I watch it here & there but I'm no longer a fan.

Respected Contributor

Excellent.  Enjoying it sooo much.  Of course, Johnny was the gold standard, but thought Jay was a very good replacement.  Loved his Monday night "Headlines" segment.  Still giggle when recalling some of the standouts!!!

Honored Contributor

I'm really enjoying it @Group 5 minus 1 . Great series and I wish it would go on longer than planned. I think you could go even more indepth on this subject.

Honored Contributor

Forgot to mention that by watching this series, I became aware of those who went before Johnny. The names may have been mentioned before, but watching some of these really first-timers when it comes to talk shows has made it more interesting. 

I do recall watching Merv Griffin's daily show and always thought he was so nice to all his guests. He had Eva Gabor on a lot and I read that they used to frequently date.

Honored Contributor

Watched the latest episode last night and, again, I am learning a lot that I didn't know these people went thru to get to the point of hosting a late night show, especially Conan O'Brien. Still very interesting. 

How many episodes, if anyone knows?

Honored Contributor

I have been watching it On Demand.  I love late night TV.  I was a David Letterman person but now I tend to watch Jimmy Kimmel and Seth Meyers the most.  

CNN has some great specials on the weekends.  So worth watching.  

Honored Contributor

@World Traveler 

I believe it is six episodes.  

Honored Contributor

@DiAnne Thanks much! Really wish there were more to enjoy. They certainly move it along and I find it fascinating.