Honored Contributor

Last Week Tonight with John Oliver On HBO

So last week or the week before John made some comments about Danbury Connecticut ( which I can't say here). Anyway the mayor of Danbury came back at John saying they were renaming their sewer plant the John Oliver Memorial Sewer Plant with a photo shopped sign. You can't shame or embarrass John, he came back at the town. He would love the renaming of the plant ( it was a joke there are no plans for the name change), he has given Danbury a week to respond, even offering the town $55,000 to various charities. If he doesn't hear back, he will give the money to neighboring towns near Danbury! Oh yeah, he already has a sign ready to go! I love John Oliver.

Honored Contributor

Re: Last Week Tonight with John Oliver On HBO

@Jordan2 wrote:

So last week or the week before John made some comments about Danbury Connecticut ( which I can't say here). Anyway the mayor of Danbury came back at John saying they were renaming their sewer plant the John Oliver Memorial Sewer Plant with a photo shopped sign. You can't shame or embarrass John, he came back at the town. He would love the renaming of the plant ( it was a joke there are no plans for the name change), he has given Danbury a week to respond, even offering the town $55,000 to various charities. If he doesn't hear back, he will give the money to neighboring towns near Danbury! Oh yeah, he already has a sign ready to go! I love John Oliver.

I love John 🥰, smart and funny is my favorite combination !

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

Re: Last Week Tonight with John Oliver On HBO

I like him too but don't always agree with his point of view.