Honored Contributor

Last Man Standing's Last Stand

[ Edited ]

People.com is reporting that season 9 will be the last for this show.  I've seen many posts on this forum from faithful viewers of this show.  I wonder how this year's ratings are looking.  Maybe the cast is ready to move on in their careers.

Respected Contributor

Re: Last Man Standing's Last Stand

Has been a favorite show, though I must say, I prefer the original cast. 

Honored Contributor

I also preferred the original cast; several cast changes and also changes on which channels carried the show. I wish the cast well if they are moving on. The show was rumored to be canceled at least two other times but production continued, so there is always a chance Last Man Standing could be back for another season.

Valued Contributor

I have always liked the show and look forward to the return in January.

Will have to treasure the last shows of the series.

Honored Contributor

I watch the reruns every day. But when they got the new Mandy, it went completely downhill. They must have gotten new writers when this series returned because its not even funny anymore. Love the old ones though!

"Pure Michigan"
Honored Contributor

I'm a big fan and was sad when it was cancelled the first time.  I never cared for the replacement Mandy.  She just can't hold a candle to the original, and the dynamics between she and Kyle just don't mesh.  I miss that the youngest daughter is seldom on the show, also.  If this is the last season for sure, I will miss it.  I definitely think it's a quality show with real punch and love the 2 main people.  They're wonderful.  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

I loved this show season 1.  Season 2, it got a little mean and not funny.  I stuck with it and they course corrected after that.

I was sad when it was cancelled and tried to stick with the new cast, but the magic was gone for me.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Trusted Contributor

I've watched it so far.. as others have said it's not the same without the other Mandy and less of Eve'y.. and we do watch the reruns frequently.

I'll give it a finale watch though as I watch a lot of tv anyways ! lol 

~love hard~~play hard~~be kind~~~life is short~
Honored Contributor

Agree about the new Mandy; it lost a lot of connection with her.

Enjoyed the earlier seasons; not a fan of Jay Leno's character and always had trouble with the dumbing down of Vanessa after she was no longer a geology professor.

Her character seemed to keep regressing into trying to be young and hip and it isn't working.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh