Esteemed Contributor

Re: Last Man Standing Cancelled

@deepwaterdotter wrote:

I wonder if a letter-writing campaign by those who would like to keep this show on the air would be effective.  I think it has worked for other cancelled shows.

@deepwaterdotter and others who may be interested.  There is an online petition you can sign which will be sent to ABC.  It pops up using any search engine if you type in Last Man Standing cancelled.  

I won't be watching any prime time  programs on ABC since Last Man Standing was the only one in their lineup on my watch regularly list. 

Honored Contributor

@chickenbutt wrote:

What Tink said!      CA and the industry are very diverse.  Everything isn't about politics.  It's just so much more about money than anything because, after all, it IS a business.

Trying to make it political is just unfounded and not based in reality at all.

@chickenbutt

I have to add this .......  

From what I've gleaned over the years, people with extreme views and try to shove it down others' throats will not be successful in the entertainment industry.  (It could be politics, religion or the ever present Scientology).

This type of behavior doesn't play well in Seattle, Boston or Omaha ..... and it doesn't play well in Hollywood, either.   JMO

Respected Contributor

@Mominohio wrote:

@Andreatoo wrote:

LMS is simply a rehash of the 70's All In The Family.

Not even close.

Mom--I agree 100%......Archie Bunker was a rough, pompous, know-it-all, loud-mouth bigot, Tim Allen's character is nothing of that nature, and the rest of the cast balance out with Tim's main character.  Much enjoyed the back and forth humor and the different sides of topics/disputes and the resolve and/or agree-to-disagree results.......more like the kind of give and take life I experience......  I hope the petitions will re-instate Last Man Standing, or it will be picked up by another network........

Honored Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@Just Bling wrote:

There's an article printed that explains it all, I'm sure if you google it you will find it.

I just love that show, it's what a family should be all about. 

@Just Bling

I found "Five reasons ABC might have cancelled LMS".    The business reasons stated make the most sense, IMO. 

https://www.vox.com/culture/2017/5/12/15628038/last-man-standing-canceled-tim-allen

@Tinkrbl44

thanks for sharing that article regarding some of the BUSINESS reasons why it may have been cancelled. do i believe it was political?......not really.......

"There are a ton of business reasons to cancel Last Man Standing, and the show’s much-vaunted viewership stats are less impressive than they seem when you dig into them."

@sunshine45

Some people just refuse to accept that.