Trusted Contributor

Re: Last Man Standing Cancelled

@Just Bling  Imagine that.  My question, what show doesn't dip into politics??  Very few.

Esteemed Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

While there might have been a political component to the show's cancallation, what I read was there was a cost factor and some level of disagreement between the network and the production company over who was paying the freight. I suppose different media outlets are going to spin it different ways, depending on their agenda.

I agree, and while I didn't hate the show, Allen's little rants did get old. Still, I liked some of the characters and it's the kind of show I'd leave on in the background while doing other things if nothing else was on.

Tim Allen reminds me of a modern day Archie Bunker type. I don't believe the cancellation is totally political. If it was it wouldn't have taken six seasons for them to dump it.

Honored Contributor

@Jackaranda wrote:

Cost more? Not buying it. They had like two sets and less paid actors than Modern Family, The Middle, Dancing with the Stars, etc. 

I don't know, could be these shows draw in bigger ratings or advertising dollars.

Let's face it, if the show was pulling its weight and making big bucks for all concerned, the almighty dollar would speak louder than any possible concern over politics.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

I've always been a big fan of the show but I think it's probably time to end it.   They've had a great run.  It's starting to feel like the show is getting stale.  

There aren't many shows  who can run and run for many seasons and never get worn out.     Frasier is an example of a show that ran for 11 years and yet every episode was very fresh.    To this day, I still watch it each evening before bed.   I can't count how many times I've seen each episode but it's still so entertaining to me.  

Respected Contributor

@3suwm5 wrote:

@Just Bling  Imagine that.  My question, what show doesn't dip into politics??  Very few.

ITA  and you wonder how Lucy, Ricky, Fred and Ethel made it so long on TV

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Yes! (regarding Frasier).  I just don't know what I'm going to do when their nightly back-to-back re-run episodes are cancelled.  'I'm telling you', it's pure genius.  The writers, the actors, even Eddie.  I seriously don't know if it can ever be paralleled. ............p.s.  If anyone out there knows Kelsey G., David H-P, Jane Leeves, Peri Gilpin, John Mahoney,  or any of the writers, please tell them how much many of us are still enjoying Frasier re-run episodes. Heart  Love, love love that show!!!!

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

p.s. Re: Last Man Standing:  Several people I know have been watching and seem to thoroughly enjoy it.  I tried watching a few times.  Yes, very humorous.  Yet, I'm thinking that there's probably another program/show that I watch instead, in the same time slot. 

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

Tim Allen is great at playing the boneheaded dufus who isn't too bright.   I will miss the show, as I would have kept watching.

He's talented.  I'm sure he will have more gigs.  Will miss Elizondo, also.

Honored Contributor

@Andreatoo wrote:

LMS is simply a rehash of the 70's All In The Family.

Not even close.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Mominohio wrote:

@Andreatoo wrote:

LMS is simply a rehash of the 70's All In The Family.

Not even close.

I agree with @Andreatoo at least somewhat. Even though there are more characters in Last Man Standing they sort of divide the story up among them. Allen's character is very much a modern day Archie Bunker. The oldest daughter's boyfriend is the modern day Michael Stivik. The middle daughter is the not-so-smart Gloria Stivik (Archie's daughter). She and her husband couldn't afford a home so they move in with the parents. Actually, I totally see the comparison--not in duplicate, but many similarities.