Respected Contributor

Lady of Burlesque! TCM @ 10:00PM

Lady of Burlesque written by Gypsy Rose Lee starring my very favorite lady, Barbara Stanwyck, Michael O'Shea, Pinky Lee and Iris Adrian.

Stanwyck has such a good time in this, she sings, she dances and has fabulous wisecracks and her name is Dixie Daisy!  Michael O'Shea is the comic and very enjoyable and Pinky Lee is exactly the same as I remember from my childhood in the 1950's.

A murder mystery, dated for some but for me truly enjoyable! 

As someone once said, it's a carnival ride of a movie!

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: Lady of Burlesque! TCM @ 10:00PM

1473158.gifI remember watching The Pinky Lee Show as a kid.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

Sounds right up my alley too, @Somertime.  Can well imagine Stanwyck having such a blast with that role!

Honored Contributor

I remember Michael O'Shea as an affable guy with a delightful manner.  Married to actress Virginia Mayo, as I recall.

Honored Contributor

All the movies tonight are Robert Osborne Picks. They showed his introduction of the movie before the first movie tonight.

Honored Contributor

Whatever Stanwyck did in the world of movies was excellent.  I too think her one of the best in the business and always enjoy her acting.  She is as good in comedy roles as dramas.  I have this movie on my DVR and look forward to relaxing and watching it, I am sure I will enjoy!