Honored Contributor

Lady Gaga Top Gun "Hold My Hand" Beautiful!!!

Lady Gaga's new amazing song for the new Top Gun movie.  A few face stills and shots from the new movie.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O2CIAKVTOrc

Honored Contributor

Re: Lady Gaga Top Gun "Hold My Hand" Beautiful!!!

I saw the original Top Gun movie & thought it was ok.  The jet flying scenes I really enjoyed.  The rest of the movie was so-so.

I must admit, Tom Cruise made the watching enjoyable.

The way this newer version is being hyped up, you'ed think this was the "second coming!"  I just don't understand it. 

When it comes on tv I will fast forward just to watch the jet flying scenes it see if it surpasses the stunts in the original version. Smiley Tongue

I don't understand the Lady Gaga fascination either.  Yes, she can sing but she's no better a singer than others out there. 

I do love her fashion get ups.  She's very original when it comes to fashion.  She knows how to garner publicity for an upcoming project.

FWIW:  I have a relative who made "Top Gun."  He's now a pilot for a major airline.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

@Mz iMac wrote:

I saw the original Top Gun movie & thought it was ok.  The jet flying scenes I really enjoyed.  The rest of the movie was so-so.

I must admit, Tom Cruise made the watching enjoyable.

The way this newer version is being hyped up, you'ed think this was the "second coming!"  I just don't understand it. 

When it comes on tv I will fast forward just to watch the jet flying scenes it see if it surpasses the stunts in the original version. Smiley Tongue

I don't understand the Lady Gaga fascination either.  Yes, she can sing but she's no better a singer than others out there. 

I do love her fashion get ups.  She's very original when it comes to fashion.  She knows how to garner publicity for an upcoming project.

FWIW:  I have a relative who made "Top Gun."  He's now a pilot for a major airline.

@Mz iMac  Everyone's taste in movies and singers is different. I thought everyone knew that and don't see why it's hard to understand. In fact, everyone's taste in in everything is different.

Honored Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ   I realize that.  Don't mind me.  I wrote my post after watching for the quad millionth (I made up those words Smiley LOL ) times the new Top Gun commercial.  I'm cranky before I eat my breakfast.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ 

I singled that song out immediately when it was on the radio the other morning and looked up who the artist is.  Lady Gaga's voice is leagues ahead.  Very few have come so far so quickly. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Lady Gaga is so darn talented.  Thanks for posting this @ECBG .  It's a really good song.  She looks great in this video too.   Can't wait to see this movie.   My husband doesn't want to go to the theatre because there are a lot of people still getting Covid in this area.

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

Let me preface this by saying we are a military family (spouse is retired from the Army). We saw Top Gun Maverick for the second time this past Friday. It lives up to every expectation that comes with being a blockbuster movie. Take a look at the reviews: when was the last time you saw this many people agree on anything? This is a beautiful, moving, and patriotic movie with no political agendas. Miles Teller's performance as Goose's son, Rooster, is such a beautiful and nuanced portrayal. His scenes with Tom Cruise were my favorite scenes in the movie. The flight scenes are truly incredible! The outstanding soundtrack, to include Lady Gaga's Hold My Hand", meshes perfectly with the script. The audience cheered and applauded at the end of the movie. I don't know when I have had so much fun at the theatre. I hope you will go see this movie on the biggest screen you can find. Loved it! 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Loved it when I heard it and it gave me goosebumps...that girl can sing. She's a fantastic performer and seems to be a kind heart...

And I love her theatrical clothing as well - I pushed the envelope into my early 30's so yeah. If you got it, show it.

Honored Contributor

My son and nephew told us to see this and loved it so much.

I just watched the Lady Gaga video and does anyone get nauseated watching the flying scenes? I saw Top Gun and this never happened but I don't think I could see the movie if the scenes are like they are in the video.🤢

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Esteemed Contributor

Beautiful song and beautiful rendition by  Gaga.  What a voice and she is a very caring person