Honored Contributor

This is a movie on Netflix starring Emma Corrin and Jack O'Connell. "Unhappily married aristocrat Lady Chatterley begins a torrid affair and falls deeply in love- with the gamekeeper on her husband's country estate."

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Lady Chatterley’s Lover

Unless it's X rated they sure couldn't make it as graphic as the book

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

The book is quite vivid and beautifully written. I'm not sure yet another movie version was needed (it's been done 3 times), but if you like an R-rated literary classic put to film, it's worth your time.

To quote this from Wikipedia

Lady Chatterley's Lover is the last novel by English author D H Lawrence, which was first published privately in 1928, in Italy, and in 1929, in France. An unexpurgated edition was not published openly in the United Kingdom until 1960, when it was the subject of a watershed obscenity trial against the publisher Penguin Books, which won the case and quickly sold three million copies. The book was also banned for obscenity in the United States, Canada, Australia, India and Japan. The book soon became notorious for its story of the physical (and emotional) relationship between a working-class man and an upper-class woman, its explicit descriptions of sex and its use of then-unprintable four letter words.

Plenty of steam in the movie, of course.

Honored Contributor

The movie won't be as hot and steamy as the book.

Honored Contributor

Not sure I'd personally be able to get all hot and steamy over Jack O'Connell...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

does it have a happy ending?

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Valued Contributor

@sunshine45wrote:

does it have a happy ending?

Omg! Lolololol!!!!!!!!

Respected Contributor

I read the book back before the dinosaurs roamed the earth and was entertained. I have watched about half of the movie. It is pretty steamy i have to say. Definitely deserving of its R rating. I don't remember whether it had a happy ending.......

Trusted Contributor

@sunshine45: I never saw the movie but I read the book years ago. I don't remember if the story had a happy ending, but the main characters had plenty of them! 😉🤭

Respected Contributor

@steviebwrote:

Not sure I'd personally be able to get all hot and steamy over Jack O'Connell...

His acting is excellent.......warranting an R rating for sure.