Respected Contributor

My attention wasn't 100% on this last night, but I did listen to it.  Seemed to be the version where people are investigating that don't believe Scott Peterson killed his wife.

The part I found most troubling was the examination of the baby's body (they call it fetus, but it was 9 months gestation).  They said some duct tape and twine was found on the body.  Their hypothesis was that someone else had handled the baby.  They did intricate measurements compared to ultrasounds.  I find this a real stretch.

The baby was in the water for awhile, and debris from the water might have attatched itself to his body.  They were trying to imply the baby's measurements put him at some time in early January.  Yet Laci was gone from 12/24.

The simplest explanation is usually correct.  The baby died when his mother did, and was in the water with her body.  His body came out of her, thereby ending any investigation as to where Laci was.  His body was in the same water as Laci.  So I don't believe there was ANY difference in their date of death.

There was talk of Satanic cults and other things.  Scott had found a new woman, and didn't want his wife and a baby in the way.

Hyacinth

Respected Contributor

Re: Laci Peterson murder story

The fact the Scott sold Laci's car shortly after her disappearance told me he knew she "wasn't coming back."   And as the OP mentioned, having a girlfriend 'on the side' is certainly a red flag. 

Honored Contributor

Is Scott kept isolated from the prison population? Hopefully Not! Prisoners have their own way dealing with children murdered. Evil!! Incarnate!! 

Honored Contributor

Of course they needed a "hook" for the show because there is no mystery and no controversy.  He did it.  But it's entertainement and they wanted people who like those types of shows to watch so they decided to use an alternate theory...maybe he didn't do it.  It's all about the ratings.

Respected Contributor

His family just can't accept that he did it.  He is horrible murdering monster and I don't care what the shows stupid theory is he did it. Way too much evidence would have to be ignored to believe otherwise. 

Trusted Contributor

I've been watching the show and found it intriguing last night when they discussed the baby.  They said the twine/tape was wrapped around its neck.  Also, they used some person of knowledge who ran tests on some bones in the body that indicated the baby was still alive on Jan. 3.  This certainly makes the story more interesting if these 'facts' are true. 

How much of a coincidence could it be that this happened by someone else at a time in Scott's life where it appears that he wanted to be single and free of anything tying him down? 

Frequent Contributor

I watched this and I wonder why it was so one sided especallymthe latest episode. The show seems to be mostly about him being innocent.ni was very disappointed. Why would 

Frequent Contributor

I watched this and I wonder why it was so one sided especially the latest episode. The show seems to be mostly about him being innocent.I  was very disappointed. Why would A and E out a show on. Did his family pay for the show? I can see showing opioniond but not like this. I was so disappointed. 

Honored Contributor

I don't care for Scott Peterson or men like him.

Scott Peterson was a serial cheater. He had no intentions of a long term relationship with the latest one. He would have dumped her when another prospect came along. There was no reason for him to kill his wife, nothing to be gained unless there was a big insurance policy. If there was, I'm unaware of it. The fact that the baby may have been born prior to being put in the water suggests another scenario. 

It wouldn't be the first time someone who wanted a baby kidnapped a pregnant woman close to delivery intending to take the baby and dispose of the mother. The area where Laci was dumped is a popular dumping ground for disposing of bodies. 

I don't know if he's guilty or not. 

Honored Contributor

@occasionalrain wrote:

I don't care for Scott Peterson or men like him.

Scott Peterson was a serial cheater. He had no intentions of a long term relationship with the latest one. He would have dumped her when another prospect came along. There was no reason for him to kill his wife, nothing to be gained unless there was a big insurance policy. If there was, I'm unaware of it. The fact that the baby may have been born prior to being put in the water suggests another scenario. 

It wouldn't be the first time someone who wanted a baby kidnapped a pregnant woman close to delivery intending to take the baby and dispose of the mother. The area where Laci was dumped is a popular dumping ground for disposing of bodies. 

I don't know if he's guilty or not. 

@occasionalrain What was to be gained for him was not paying child support over 18 yrs. as the baby's father!  That's a ton of money that he didn't want to pay for a child he didn't really want.   Plus, he was having financial troubles, wasn't he?  I may be misremembering that part from years ago (I didn't watch this series) but even if he wasn't, the motive was not paying child support.  Over 18 years that's a lot of $$$$$.   That's why these guys just don't get a divorce (which in itself can be costly, paying the lawyer).