Honored Contributor

Re: Laci Peterson Story on DATELINE tonight (Fri. 4-21)

[ Edited ]

@chickenbutt wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

@chickenbutt wrote:

I don't mind the stories, as I watch a lot of real crime, but this is one I decided to delete when I saw it in my 'To Do' list.  I don't think it needs two hours.

However, I noticed in the synopsis that they have some new interrogation video but, still.   I'm out.   

He sure is one creepy dude and it's a shame they never found his first wife, that he most likely killed also.

@chickenbutt  This isn't about Drew Peterson, the policeman.  This is about Scott Peterson who killed his pregnant wife on Christmas Eve I think it was and had been having an affair with a woman named Amber.

The show starts at 9:00 pm.

Oh crud!  Sorry about that.  Too many wife-killing Petersons...I keep getting them mixed up.  I was watching a real crime show just the other day that had ANOTHER wife-killing Peterson guy.   This is messing with my head! Smiley Happy

Anyway, thanks for correcting me.   If I'm going to think about these guys I need to start a chart.  hehe

LOL!   Yes, fathers should start telling their daughers from a young age not to marry a man named Peterson (and Drew and Scott even spelled it the same way -  "son" rather than "sen" which is another option).

And actually, in Drew's case, it's his last  wife which was his third wife I think it is, who has never been found.  I don't remember now if the bathtub one was his first or second wife.  

Honored Contributor

Sometimes these tragedies are a reminder to some young women.  Maybe even hire a private investigator, just to make sure that they are dating/married to a decent person.  Well, I'll be watching.   I appreciate shows such as Dateline, 48 Hours, 20/20, Corrupt Crimes, Forensic Files, etc., etc.  They always remind me to try to be as careful as possible. 

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

@chickenbutt  So if it's scumbag murderer Scott rather than scumbag murderer Drew, does this mean you'll watch it now?

I remember Laci's mother being especially heartbreaking. 

Esteemed Contributor

Sometimes it is a reminder not to trust too easily.

Laci's mother always carried herself with such dignity during the worst possible time of her life.

Trusted Contributor

I watch a lot of these murder shows too but not ready to see this one again. A lot of these murderers are selfish and egotistical craving the spotlight. O.J., Casey Anthony, Peterson and Petersen are a few. I refuse to give them my attention after a jury decides...whether I agree with that decision or not!

Give me a show about a serial killer or a plain old nut job murderer any day!

Honored Contributor

I liked when the prosecutor said, about Scott: "...but underneath the surface there was pure evil."

I wonder whether Laci perceived any of his real personality, or that he fooled her as being so charming during the entire marriage.   When he was dating her, Sharon (Laci's mother) told how he brought Laci a dozen roses and Sharon a dozen also "so of course I liked him."   He was so calculating and manipulative.

And the show brought back something I'd forgotten. That as soon as Sharon realized Scott really did it when the affair with Amber was revealed- after having claimed for a while at the beginning that he couldn't possibly have because he and Laci were so happy together - she said "he didn't have to kill her."

Amber really did the right thing, stepping forward like she did and then letting the police tape Scott's calls to her.  And especially repugnant in all this was while the big vigil for Laci was being held, Scott was on his cell phone chatting with his lover Amber.   The guy has no conscience. He never seemed to have any regret about the murders (Laci and Connor) other than the rregret about being caugtht.  

Honored Contributor

Pearley wrote:

@chickenbutt  So if it's scumbag murderer Scott rather than scumbag murderer Drew, does this mean you'll watch it now?

I remember Laci's mother being especially heartbreaking. 

Nah.  I decided to delete it and am sticking with that.   I've had enough of the Peterson bunch, whichever one.  Smiley Happy

The specific story of this pregnant young woman has come more clearly into my mind and how she and the baby were found, etc.   Smiley Sad    j Also, I now recall the other young woman he was seeing, who didn't know about him yet, and how, IIRC, his wife/baby disappeared on Dec 24.

I think I know all I need to know about the case but I don't begrudge others watching, of course.  

Honored Contributor

@chickenbutt  what is IIRC?

Honored Contributor

Sorry about that.  Sometimes I forget that everybody doesn't know all these abbreviations.

IIRC = if I recall correctly.  Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

I taped it last night and we plan to watch it tonight. We watch dateline every week. There are many stories they should be covering around the country. I don't know who chooses to cover these stories at dateline.