Honored Contributor

Re: Laci Peterson Story on DATELINE tonight (Fri. 4-21)

Scott looks just like Ben Affleck.

Honored Contributor

@missy1 wrote:

Scott looks just like Ben Affleck.

Hmmmmm - I don't see that resemblance at all. 

Honored Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

I liked when the prosecutor said, about Scott: "...but underneath the surface there was pure evil."

I wonder whether Laci perceived any of his real personality, or that he fooled her as being so charming during the entire marriage.   When he was dating her, Sharon (Laci's mother) told how he brought Laci a dozen roses and Sharon a dozen also "so of course I liked him."   He was so calculating and manipulative.

And the show brought back something I'd forgotten. That as soon as Sharon realized Scott really did it when the affair with Amber was revealed- after having claimed for a while at the beginning that he couldn't possibly have because he and Laci were so happy together - she said "he didn't have to kill her."

Amber really did the right thing, stepping forward like she did and then letting the police tape Scott's calls to her.  And especially repugnant in all this was while the big vigil for Laci was being held, Scott was on his cell phone chatting with his lover Amber.   The guy has no conscience. He never seemed to have any regret about the murders (Laci and Connor) other than the rregret about being caugtht.  

@Pearlee  Typical sociopath, he is, no empathy, only cares about himself, and having killed two people, that may make him a psychopath  I remember Sharon saying "you didn't have to kill her, you could have gotten a divorce," when she testified at trial or after during victim impact statements, can't remember which.  I didn't learn anything new last night.  I remember where we were when the bodies were found, at Disneyland.  Imagine coming upon those bodies, shudder, shudder.

The idiot who said Peterson is not guilty, do not understand how anyone could think that.  Maybe he would like to take Peterson's place on death row since he thinks he is innocent.

Valued Contributor

I watched it even if I already knew almost everything about the case.It is interesting to me to understand why he married Laci then got tired of her so fast.

One thing I got from similar stories is to always pay attention to the small details.He told different people he had no interest in having a child.He didn't want to get a divorce and having to pay child support for 18 years.

Honored Contributor

@Bibione wrote:

I watched it even if I already knew almost everything about the case.It is interesting to me to understand why he married Laci then got tired of her so fast.

One thing I got from similar stories is to always pay attention to the small details.He told different people he had no interest in having a child.He didn't want to get a divorce and having to pay child support for 18 years.

So instead he's paying with his freedom.  Didn't he get the death penalty?  I hope he eventually pays with his life.

I had forgotten there was so much premeditation (buying the boat just to get rid of the body).  Nobody knew he had the boat, and then making those anchors to weigh her down.  

Esteemed Contributor

DH and I have followed this case from the beginning.  We were disappointed that no mention of when Lack and Scott attended Cal Poly and owned a sports bar in the area.  There was a student who disappeared during this period (who never surfaced) who dated Scott (he always played around).  Many who live on Central Coast feel he also killed this woman.

Honored Contributor

Couldn't watch it because I think it's a sick disservice to the victims of how carelessly their bodies were handled by the monster who killed them.

I didn't think the intact body of Lacy was found.  Was it?

I didn't think the baby was ever found.  Was it?

Sickens me to see his mother still on his side.  She's lucky she didn't end up in San Francisco Bay!

No one meant anything special to Scott Peterson.  No one!

Honored Contributor

Well, we know that my memory cannot be depended upon, so I'll open with that - 

I thought I recalled that the baby was found  -separately from the mother. 

If I'm wrong, somebody please correct me.  I never mean to put out incorrect info but my memory often fails me now.  Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

Watching it now.  Psychopath. And I believe his mother was too. 

Laci's mother looks great, bless her heart. I would think this would have aged her. She's still beautiful. 

( \_/ )
(='x'=)
( " )_( " )
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Lucky Charm wrote:

Couldn't watch it because I think it's a sick disservice to the victims of how carelessly their bodies were handled by the monster who killed them.

I didn't think the intact body of Lacy was found.  Was it?

I didn't think the baby was ever found.  Was it?

Sickens me to see his mother still on his side.  She's lucky she didn't end up in San Francisco Bay!

No one meant anything special to Scott Peterson.  No one!

@Lucky Charm  Baby found first, then a day or so later, the torso of Laci was found near the baby, goosebumps just typing this.  When Laci's Mother was told the torso washed up, she said that she had never thought that the head would be missing, and that brought her to the kitchen floor in agony, too horrible to think of.  I feel sorry for the people who came upon them as that memory will stay forever in their mnds.