Honored Contributor

The Hallmark channel has the Golden Girls on first and then Frazier follows at night.  Of course I watched Frasier when it was aired and loved the show and am enjoying seeing the reruns again. I love all the episodes devoted to Niles and Daphne finally getting together and their marriage.

When you have an excellent cast who blend and work so well together, you have a winning series and Frasier ranks on top with so many other sitcoms that lasted and still are shown , classic TV.

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

I love this series so much that I purchased the box set. It is probably the best ensemble cast I have ever seen on a sitcom.  

To the pious poster:

Unlike you I don't judge Mr Grammer by his personal life that the press reported on ages ago. I do know that He went through some major trauma, his parents being murdered one that I recall. He reacted poorly, sought help and now is doing much better from what I can tell, however, I don't know him personally.  Am I marrying him? No. But I sure do enjoy him as an actor. We all have stories from our pasts that don't define who we are now, so why not extend a little grace to KG?

dee. 

Trusted Contributor

I forgot to add that I especially enjoy the scenes with John Mahoney (Martin Craine). Hilarious, the antithesis of his sons. 

Frasier and Niles are the greatest fops ever.  If you have to look up the word "fop" then you don't get it. 

Roz and Daphne were phenomenal. The show's executive producer was killed on 9/11 and that tragedy propelled the cast to excellence IMHO, to honor his legacy. 

I felt like I knew the entire vast of characters personally. I was so sorry it came to a close. 

dee

Honored Contributor

@deedledeedeedle wrote:

I love this series so much that I purchased the box set. It is probably the best ensemble cast I have ever seen on a sitcom.  

To the pious poster:

Unlike you I don't judge Mr Grammer by his personal life that the press reported on ages ago. I do know that He went through some major trauma, his parents being murdered one that I recall. He reacted poorly, sought help and now is doing much better from what I can tell, however, I don't know him personally.  Am I marrying him? No. But I sure do enjoy him as an actor. We all have stories from our pasts that don't define who we are now, so why not extend a little grace to KG?

dee. 

Last night on one of the Crime Channels they had an episode of Kelsey Grammer's sister when she was murdered. I know he also had deep regrets about her murder also.

Honored Contributor

I always felt Niles made that show.

It was such a comedy of errors every week and although I did not watch it consistently when it first aired, I did catch up with reruns.

As much as I like Jane Leeves in The Resident and Hot in Cleveland, I really had a hard time with her voice on Frasier.  I found her hard to listen to.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Respected Contributor

@deedledeedeedle wrote:

To the pious poster:

dee. 

I can't watch "art" created by the likes of Bill Cosby Woody Allen etc. The man was a cocaine user ! And I personally take that very seriously. Drugs have killed members of my family.  As a Hollywood actor he is a role model on and off the screen for young people.

Honored Contributor

I always loved the relationship between Marty and Roz, they were meant to be good pals!

Respected Contributor

Who knew that people on television have the same human frailties like the rest of us?

Respected Contributor

@On It wrote:

It was an excellent show. My favorite episode was the one where Frazier and Niles opened a restaurant.  I have never laughed so much. I believe it was titled "The Innkeepers." I hope the new rendition will be as well done.

@On It   Yes, that was the name of the episode. One of my favorites, it was funny from start to finish.

Some of the best scenes . . . . . .

The chef quits and the kitchen help all take off when they learn that the head of the immigration bureau is having dinner in the restaurant.

Frasier Restaurant Troubles - YouTube

Niles can't kill the eel so Daphne comes in, grabs it and whacks it on the counter to kill it.

HolyMsCheerio~ — • Frasier: S2E23 - The Innkeepers •

2x23 The Innkeepers - Frasier Image (17160293) - Fanpop

The Cherries Jubilee explodes all over Roz.

Frasier: The 5 Best Episodes (& 5 Worst) | ScreenRant

Honored Contributor

One of my all-time favorites. I've posted before that 2 of my favorite episodes are "The Innkeepers," where Frasier and Niles buy and reopen their favorite childhood restaurant ; and "The Ski Lodge," where Annie, Daphne's friend, joins the group for a ski weekend, including personal attention from a ski instructor/chef. 

I keep both of these on DVR to watch when I want a good laugh. And even though I can quote the episodes I still laugh out loud!

Years ago I read the story of Karen Grammer, who was kidnapped, raped, and killed when she was 18. Kelsey was a 20  and had to identify her body. I can't imagine what he went through. He was 13 when his dad was shot and killed, and two of his half-brothers died in a scuba accident. 

I just love this show and enjoy hearing the behind-the-scenes stories. I read that the character of Roz was named after one of the producers former colleagues who died from breast cancer. I've just started DVR-Ing Wings. Sure enough, executive producer on that show - Roz Doyle. 

I read Kelsey is involved with a remake that will center on Freddie and David (Daphne and Niles' son) going into practice together.  Smiley Happy