Super Contributor

LONGMIRE: Netflix Considering Season Four of Cancelled Series

Hooty and Judaline, IIR, you were asking about this series awhile ago. I hope this comes as somewhat welcome news. - Keri

================================================

Published: November 13, 2014 tvseriesfinale.com

Longmire TV show: season 4?

Netflix and Warner Horizon (the producer of the Longmire series) have been discussing the possibility of the streaming service picking up the cancelled series for a fourth season.

While both side are hopeful that an agreement can be reached, negotiations have been tricky. If a deal is made, production on season four would likely begin in March 2015.

Longmire follows the life of a Wyoming county sheriff who’s returned to work following his wife’s demise. With the support of his family and co-workers, he solves cases and works to stay in office. The cast includes Robert Taylor, Katee Sackhoff, Bailey Chase, Adam Bartley, Cassidy Freeman, and Lou Diamond Phillips.

As fans know all to well, A&E cancelled Longmire after three seasons. Viewership dropped slightly in season three but the 18-49 demo ratings dropped 24%. Ad-supported networks like A&E depend on advertisers for their revenue and they favor younger audiences.

What do you think? Are you hoping that Netflix orders a fourth season of Longmire? Are you a Netflix subscriber? If not, would you become one?

Respected Contributor

Re: LONGMIRE: Netflix Considering Season Four of Cancelled Series

This is off-topic, but I've been stream-watching Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Angel in intertwined order. I didn't watch these shows when they were originally broadcast. Just yesterday I saw Bailey Chase in a minor part. Jeremy Renner had a guest starring role on a different episode. It's sort of fun to recognize younger versions of actors before they were cast in more prominent roles.

Honored Contributor

I don't have the Netflix channel, so I won't be able to watch .......... thanks keri!Smile

Super Contributor

Hooty, Netflix is a streaming video service like Hulu or Amazon Prime. Netflix costs about $8 or $10/month. You can watch Netflix content on your computer, smart TV (or regular TV with ROKU or most other video streamers), mobile devices including tablets and smart phones after DL-ing the app.

Regular Contributor

keri- I would absolutely become a subscriber for this.

marsha- buffy and angel are favorites of mine, and you do see alot of young stars in both. if you like the wry sense of humor in them catch director joss wedon's other series firefly with nathan fillian that i think i heard also returned on netflex. Rose

Super Contributor

qvcrose and Hooty - At the suggestion of friends, we bought a ROKU last Christmas to install on the guestroom TV. ROKU is wonderful because it offers hundreds of channels with a wide range of content (e.g. - news, music, TV shows, movies, PBS, cooking, sports, etc.) and best of all, 95% of it is free. Once you purchase the ROKU, there's no additional fee for it. You will pay for some subscription services such as Netflix, but the hundreds of other channels are free and update automatically. There are two ROKU models: the original that's shaped like a hockey puck and the newer ROKU stick that plugs into the HDMI port of your TV. It's easy set-up for either. You can get more info on the ROKU site. BTW - I saw a greatly reduced price for ROKU at Target.

After years of offering mostly movies, Netflix jumped into the original programming game in a very big way. This is where you'll find Orange Is The New Black; House of Cards and Alpha House. They promise that more new shows on the way.

Respected Contributor

On 11/15/2014 keri said:

qvcrose and Hooty - At the suggestion of friends, we bought a ROKU last Christmas to install on the guestroom TV. ROKU is wonderful because it offers hundreds of channels with a wide range of content (e.g. - news, music, TV shows, movies, PBS, cooking, sports, etc.) and best of all, 95% of it is free. Once you purchase the ROKU, there's no additional fee for it. You will pay for some subscription services such as Netflix, but the hundreds of other channels are free and update automatically. There are two ROKU models: the original that's shaped like a hockey puck and the newer ROKU stick that plugs into the HDMI port of your TV. It's easy set-up for either. You can get more info on the ROKU site. BTW - I saw a greatly reduced price for ROKU at Target.

After years of offering mostly movies, Netflix jumped into the original programming game in a very big way. This is where you'll find Orange Is The New Black; House of Cards and Alpha House. They promise that more new shows on the way.

We also bought a Roku last summer. As much as I like Netflix which we have had for a few years, I am not that impressed with Roku. The reason being, many things require you to pay. Not thrilled with that. But...for the Netflix, it's worth it.

Contributor

Oh, please let this happen. Longmire is one of the best shows on tv.

Contributor

Oh, please let this happen. Longmire is one of the best shows on tv.