Trusted Contributor

Re: LOL! The new Geico commercial!

@Mersha wrote:

Geico does great commercials.

I just saw a new one last night that involves a possum...very funny!!

The possum one is actually one of the older commercials they've been bringing back. Not sure it got that much play before but I think it's hysterical. Glad to see Maxwell the pig back too.

Honored Contributor

@Winkk@grandma2pkmh-

I might be wrong but I think with so many of the Geico commercials, there is no point or connection!

Maybe they are just to make us laugh and then go huh?

They are so ridiculous, with no connection I can see at all.

But I always remember it's a Geico commercial which they always say the name at the end.

And also I think hey a company that makes me laugh can't be all bad maybe I should check it out.Maybe that is what they are hoping. Great marketing over there.

But I don't have Geico cause they don't really save me any money compared to others.Woman Surprised

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Regular Contributor

My favorite for the Holidays is the Mercedes commercial. Santa is driving the red Mercedes flanked by a fleet of white SUV"s and has to stop so the adorable lab puppy can jump out and take a leak! It makes me smile everytime I see it. Especially when the pup jumps back in the seat and "barks like its okay to go now"

Honored Contributor

I love the spectrum commercials with the mummy and other characters from scary movies.  The one with the guy in the window and the dummy lowers the screen when the guy is trying to get in is so funny to me.  Those characters have great commercials.

I also enjoyed the cave men commercials.  I think those were Geico.

Honored Contributor

@bridal_diva-

Aw. that was so cute! I just watched it-thanks for mentioning that!

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Respected Contributor

Everytime I see that commercial I laugh and laugh out loud. It is hysterical!

Trusted Contributor

@sunshine 919 wrote:

I love the spectrum commercials with the mummy and other characters from scary movies.  The one with the guy in the window and the dummy lowers the screen when the guy is trying to get in is so funny to me.  Those characters have great commercials.

I also enjoyed the cave men commercials.  I think those were Geico.

@sunshine 919 Yes! I remember thinking while the Timer Warner merger was happening that I hoped the commercials would improve after the deal was done. These are so much better. The Time Warner ones were really bad and would play almost back to back.

Honored Contributor

I'm disappointed that Liberty Mutual has changed their advertising so that it is now more like Geico and Progressive.

I miss the older ads that promoted responsibility.

old Liberty Mutual ad

Liberty Mutual

Responsibility: What’s your policy?

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~