Respected Contributor

Re: LIZA DECLINING TO SEE "JUDY"

The number of people who choose to believe the filters, silk screens, and photoshopping, is hilarious.

Here's Liza 10 months ago, when she said she "in no way" approved of the movie:

Screenshot_2020-02-06-19-30-05(1).png

What worries you masters you.
Honored Contributor

@Travone wrote:

@Johnnyeager   Whoever put that cover together deserves an award for photo shopping.

Amen!!  I have never seen her look better!

EVER!!

Honored Contributor

@BlueFinch wrote:

I wonder if what they're saying is just a form of protest, but secretly they will watch the movie.  I think it would be rather hard not to, in spite of misgivings.

It's, after all, their mother, the good and bad of it all. If it were me, I'd want to see it. 

Completely agree.  They will eventually watch it at some point in time.

Honored Contributor

@esmerelda  Agree!  She NEVER looked that good!!!

Honored Contributor

I am sure I will probably see it at some point. I do think Renee Zellweger is a shoo in for the Oscar, she has won everyting up until now for her role. Although last year, everyone thought Glenn Close would get it for The Wife, and suprprise! Olivia Colman won for The Favourite and shocked everyone.....So you never know with The Oscars.......

Esteemed Contributor

That doctored photo of LIZA is absurd. I felt like asking "Liza-who?" I don't blame her one bit for not wanting to see that film...too painful and, perhaps, inaccurate. There was a movie made decades ago that closely resembled experiences in my husband's family. So many people called and wrote to us that I decided to see the film. It was quite close. I finally got my husband to watch it but all he could do was point out the inaccuracies and falsehoods.

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

@Moonlady wrote:

The number of people who choose to believe the filters, silk screens, and photoshopping, is hilarious.

Here's Liza 10 months ago, when she said she "in no way" approved of the movie:

Screenshot_2020-02-06-19-30-05(1).png

@Moonlady  It's obvious she's had work done, but I'm learning that the majority of those who can afford it (and some who have to stretch to afford it) do.  For her:  I think it has softened her look.  She always looked a little mean or "sharp" to me.  And I've seen much worse.

Keepin' it real.
Esteemed Contributor

I don't plan on seeing the film, no need to see Judy in her declining years and secondly can't stand Renee (my opinion only)  I love Liza and respect her decision, after all it's her Mother.  I still get chills when I hear her sing NY NY she was a fantastic performer.

Valued Contributor

I thought Renee was excellent in movie!  I was very young when JG passed away but I do remember her.  It was interesting to know the story -  Judy was given pills as a young girl, and I'm sure it didn't help her brain development, thus introducing her so young and then using alcohol as well.  It's a sad story, The movie showed her love of her kids, and her struggle at the end.  I can understand why LIza wouldn't wish to see it though.

Respected Contributor

Saw the movie, thought Renee did a wonderful job portraying Judy.  It was sad.  I do feel it showed how much she loved her children and always did what she thought was best or them, not her.  I never saw the other movie referenced to compare.