Trusted Contributor

Re: LIZA DECLINING TO SEE "JUDY"

I did see the movie, 'Judy' and while I very much understand the sensitivity and raw emotions that both Lorna, her brother and Liza must feel, I loved the movie because it showed the vulnerbility of this remarkable actress and singer. Judy Garland was a true star, she gave everything to her craft and career. She was also a victim of a selfish mother who introduced her to drugs and kept pushing her relentlessly. If anything, I came away with even more love and respect for Judy Garland. Renee Z. portrayed her sensitively and beautifully and is fully deserving of an Oscar if she were to receive one.

Esteemed Contributor

The movie was fantastic & Renee gave an Oscar worthy performance.I think Lisa & her siblings are mad because they weren't consulted or paid.

Respected Contributor

@Travone, yes. Some of the comments about the over-the-top photoshopping in that pic were hilarious.

What worries you masters you.
Honored Contributor

I'm trying to remember if the Judy Davis movie was more "homogenized" than this one is purported to be.  Somehow, I'm remembering it as pretty unflinching also, but perhaps in a way that was somehow less lacerating to the adult children's feelings....

Honored Contributor

I don’t like Judy Garland or Renee Zellweger. 🤷🏻‍♀️😂 There is something about the mannerisms of both that I’ve never liked. 🤭
Respected Contributor

I wonder if what they're saying is just a form of protest, but secretly they will watch the movie.  I think it would be rather hard not to, in spite of misgivings.

It's, after all, their mother, the good and bad of it all. If it were me, I'd want to see it. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Johnnyeager wrote:

LIZA, 73, alive and on the cover of Variety:

Variety Print

At 73?  I don’t mean this in a bad way...I don’t think she looked that good at 37. 

Keepin' it real.
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

Wow...Liza With a Z!
She's a survivor. Gotta give it up for her...bad marriages, multiple addictions, endless family drama, financial woes...and she got through it all.
Hollywood ate her mother alive. I'm glad to see Liza is still in the fight. 💜
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Johnnyeager wrote:

LIZA, 73, alive and on the cover of Variety:

Variety Print

Whoever is her plastic surgeon, deserves an award!

She looks fantastic!!!!

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Respected Contributor

I can understand why neither daughters would want to see the movie. They lived the truth in their own lives. I have no desire to see it. Just seeing the trailers of the movie, RZ doesn’t do it for me or for Judy Garland.