Honored Contributor

LITTLE SHOP OF HORRORS 12:15 A.M. ET TUES. TCM

Tonight! The original 1960 Little Shop of Horrors (FEED ME!)   With Jack Nicholson in his first film role, at the dentist!

This is another film, like The Hypnotic Eye, that our local scary film show with the kooky host on Friday nights, showed often when I was a teenager. My sisters and I loved it; even back then we could tell it was campy.

Gosh 1960 was a great year for horror films, with Psycho being the best of course.

@Linmo   

Respected Contributor

Re: LITTLE SHOP OF HORRORS 12:15 A.M. ET TUES. TCM

@Pearlee   I still say "Feed Me, I'm Hungry" when I get a chance.  Remember this film well from when I was a teen.

Respected Contributor

@Pearlee Thanks for the heads up.  I didn't see your post until today, but my cable has a feature that allows me to watch on demand.  I'll be watching later this afternoon!  

Honored Contributor

@Linmo wrote:

@Pearlee Thanks for the heads up.  I didn't see your post until today, but my cable has a feature that allows me to watch on demand.  I'll be watching later this afternoon!  

@Linmo  I didn't watch it again. It's too campy for me now, I've seen it enough times. Hope you enjoyed it again.

Respected Contributor

Feed me, Seymour!

Love this movie.

Respected Contributor

@Pearlee Today is the first day that I've seen it.  I get what you mean about it being campy, but it was fun to watch.  Roger Corman was the director.  He's directed so many of the Edgar Allan Poe and Vincent Price movies.  I happened to google him tonight and he is still with us at age 95!    I've always enjoyed watching Jackie Joseph.

My mom used to take my sister and I to horror movies when we were little.  I grew up loving them and my sister is the opposite.  She would not take a bath for months after we saw Psycho.

Honored Contributor

@Linmo wrote:

@Pearlee Today is the first day that I've seen it.  I get what you mean about it being campy, but it was fun to watch.  Roger Corman was the director.  He's directed so many of the Edgar Allan Poe and Vincent Price movies.  I happened to google him tonight and he is still with us at age 95!    I've always enjoyed watching Jackie Joseph.

My mom used to take my sister and I to horror movies when we were little.  I grew up loving them and my sister is the opposite.  She would not take a bath for months after we saw Psycho.

@Linmo   I'm surprised you never saw this film before (there is a remake of it too which I've never seen).   I like Jackie Joseph also. Glad you took the time to watch it, it's definitely part of "The American Experience."😄

Honored Contributor

Oh darn!  I wish I hadn't missed it.   I like this movie and my fav part is when they sing that one song.  Can't remember the name or anything.  Sorry about that.  But that song is so sweet and I could listen to it over and over.  Smiley Happy

I set up a WishList so that it will record if it airs again.

Honored Contributor

@chickenbutt wrote:

Oh darn!  I wish I hadn't missed it.   I like this movie and my fav part is when they sing that one song.  Can't remember the name or anything.  Sorry about that.  But that song is so sweet and I could listen to it over and over.  Smiley Happy

@chickenbutt  I don't know how your wish list works, but I hope it flags the 1960 version and not the remake which has the same title.

@Linmo    Did you recognize Jack Nicholson at the dentist's? 😄

Honored Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

@chickenbutt wrote:

@chickenbutt  I don't know how your wish list works, but I hope it flags the 1960 version and not the remake which has the same title.

@Linmo    Did you recognize Jack Nicholson at the dentist's? 😄

Thanks for the advice.    Since there was nothing available, it didn't come up with the year so I added 1960 to it, after the title.  Smiley Happy