Honored Contributor

LAW & ORDER SVU 5/13 EPISODE

I know there's such a thing as artistic license but this defies credulity!

So Olivia has an evidence bag from her brother Simon's death which occurred **a year ago** takes out his phone and it magically powers on!

How many phones can be unused for a year and then power right back on? !

I'd think that with a program that deals so much with evidence that the writers would have been more careful!

I frequently notice this stuff and lapses or errors in continuity. Kind of interesting.

Respected Contributor

Re: LAW & ORDER SVU 5/13 EPISODE

@Love my grandkids  Just watched that episode tonight, and I wondered the same as you.

Respected Contributor

I figured she had charged it, then placed it back in the bag until she could sit down and go through it. 

Honored Contributor

Olivia is still dealing with Simon's death!!?? Good grief now I know one of the reasons I stopped watching SVU.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Respected Contributor

@Imaoldhippie wrote:

Olivia is still dealing with Simon's death!!?? Good grief now I know one of the reasons I stopped watching SVU.

So what was the reason?

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Trusted Contributor

I gave up SVU a few years ago, but with the crossover events to Organized Crime, I thought I'd give it another try.  Nope.  Still melodramatic and outlandish.  How come she and her two detectives get every case in NYC????  AND Simon?  Wasn't he a kook who she didn't want anything to do with? And now the OC is just as ridiculous.  What a disappointment because I still watch the original and most of those episodes are timeless.  

Honored Contributor

@Etoile308 There was absolutely no evidence that she charged it up. Having watched every episode multiple times that would have been shown.

The writers goofed!

Respected Contributor

@Love my grandkids wrote:

@Etoile308 There was absolutely no evidence that she charged it up. Having watched every episode multiple times that would have been shown.

The writers goofed!

i don't know why they would waste time showing a phone being charged, but it is good to have different theories!

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Trusted Contributor

I just assumed the phone was previously charged by the original detectives on the case. 

dee