Valued Contributor

RYAN SEAQUEST or MICHAEL STRAHAN.

Honored Contributor

I've heard they were offering it to Anderson Cooper.  I have no idea if he would be interested, but he would be great.  I don't see how in the world he would have time though.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@Snoopp wrote:

Lavar might actually be a good replacement.  I remember last seeing him in star trek.

@Snoopp 

He was acting in Star Trek.   

A game show host is handling a game show in process, and, for Jeopardy in particular, needs to be able to conduct themselves in a dignified manner.  I have no idea if he is capable of that.   

Other suggestions mentioned Tom Bergeron and Steve Harvey, make no sense (to me) because both men are basically clowns. 

Alex Trebeck was no buffoon and shouldn't be replaced by one.  It would ruin the show and be an insult to Alex's memory.  They need a more intellectual individual, rather than some mentioned.   

I don't envy the job of finding a suitable replacement.  

@Tinkrbl44 Why do you say Tom Bergeron was a Clown? I thought he did an excellent job on DWTS........I hadn't seen him in anything prior to that......just asking!?? 

Honored Contributor

@CANDLEQUEEN 

Based on what I've seen of Tom on the Funniest Videos and DWTS, he's rarely ever serious.  Always joking and making silly faces .... he does well on those shows, but he's a buffoon.   Not a contender to replace someone as classy as Alex.   I just think the next host needs to be someone more reserved than Bergeron or Steve Harvey.  JMO.

Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@CANDLEQUEEN 

Based on what I've seen of Tom on the Funniest Videos and DWTS, he's rarely ever serious.  Always joking and making silly faces .... he does well on those shows, but he's a buffoon.   Not a contender to replace someone as classy as Alex.   I just think the next host needs to be someone more reserved than Bergeron or Steve Harvey.  JMO.

@Tinkrbl44 I absolutely agree with you on Steve Harvey, there is no way he could do this show. I have heard other names thrown around like: 

George Stephanoulos

Anderson Cooper

Michael Strahan(I don't think he could do it either).

It will be very interesting to see what they do.....